234,123 miles and still racking 'em up!
By msm618 on
2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan
I bought my wife this 2000 Intrepid ES brand new. 3.2 liter . Several moves, coupled with life events, made me the sole operator of this car in 2002. My commutes have ranged from 750 miles per week, presently, to 1500 miles per week! I had the door weatherstripping re-installed very early on (poor adhesive). 2 timing belts, 2 water pumps, 3 tune-ups, 3 sets of tires and religious oil changes have helped me reach this mileage. Never been waxed (my bad, I know!), but gets stares and complements everywhere it goes. Has never failed me in 10 New England winters, and has saved my butt twice - a deer strike, and getting T-boned by a brand-new Volvo, whose front end exploded off on impact.
Favorite Features
NO RUST! In 10 years in New England, thats quite a compliment to the build quality! The leather is very high-quality, despite some reviews to the contrary on Edmunds. Trust me, I was not a fan of leather seating in the past, but this car totally changed my mind! Soooo comfortable to drive - sound system is ear-bleedingly strong (Pink! and Liz Phair!). Since this car is all highway miles, we have original trans, alternator, etc. Never let me down! I'm shopping for a 2002-2004 as I write this. My wife reallly wants "her" car back!
Suggested Improvements
Outside of the space-mandated battery placement, this car was very-well thought out. Kudos, D-C!