2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Not So Reliable
By Mr. Ed on 12/15/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is a very appealing car from the outside and in but I think I could do better.

a poor excuse for a 2000 model car
By Tlc on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been a lemon from the start. Started out being a check engine light that they could not find the problem for. Finally taken to another service dept in another county only to find out that there was sludge in the engine. Considering that I had the oil changed app every 2-3 I was pissed. I feel that chrysler really messed up this time. i won't ever purchase another one.

So far so good
By frank-egny on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I love this car! At 20000 miles I have had only one minor problem with the car. The bracket that holds the parking brake handle broke and was fixed under warranty. I find most of the complaints about this car true (low roof line, hard to get in, hard to see the corners,strange noise coming from upfront, the window motors start with a big bang) but I still think this car is a really good car over all. No problems with the seals or the A/C or the trany or the steering.

My
By Charles Pinkston on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I traded a '95 Intrepid on this 2000 R/T and really liked the looks of the newer one. I've had this one for only a week, so I actually can't pass judgement on the performance this soon. I'll keep in touch, tho!!

Can't wait to get rid of (leased)
By loveartis on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

(Bought new) Had locks on 2 doors replace, made a loud noise when operating. Low front end scrapes inclines/declines. Had thermostate replaced dealer said soon to overheat. Heat/AC vents just fell off of two - had replaced. Gears skip when pressing gas pedal in stop and go traffic. Does not hold value. Small back seat for legs. Trunk to high.

intrepid: one dad commutes comfortably
By ldog on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

after owning a 1991 accord and commuting 60+miles to and from work, i decided i needed comfort. my new job however, is only 43 miles to and from, which makes me wish i had the intrepid back a year ago. my daughter loves the spaciousness and so does the mrs. (if she's happy so am i).

Nothing but trouble
By hatethiscar on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car has been one huge disapointment. Chrysler has ignored my complaints about costly major repairs than began a few miles after the warranty expired. I replaced the rack and pinion system right after the warranty was up. It has mysterious front end clunks that nobody can explain. I've replaced tensioners in the drive chain. The electronic door lock on the passenger side is squealing loudly. I've already replaced the rear lock actuator. The seals around all the doors droop and fall down often. I also get a lot of water under my feet that soaks the mats but don't know where its coming from. My seat frames are now rusting.

lotta car for the money
By nwilkin on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This car has been great. Roomy interior beats all other competitors. I bought the larger 3.2 engine, have not regretted it as the car has plenty of power.Transmission speed sensor failed under warranty, limp home mode allowed the car to be driven to the dealer. Air conditioner failed at 41,000 miles, Chrysler fixed it under their goodwill policy. I had the exact same A/C problems with my 95 Intrepid. Door Seals have shrunk, will need to fix later. Overall an excellent car, will buy another one.

2000dodgeintrepid
By Francis H. Schott on 07/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Very good car, reliable and comfortable.

Disappointing
By hocus pocus on 06/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought a 2000 base model. Had to have the front rotors changed at 30K. Dealership said they were warpped. Most of the mileage has been hiway so the rotors never got that hot. Dealer wanted to cut them as if that would help. Dealer told me they see it all the time in these cars. Car was still under warranty at the time however found out brake system is only covered for first 12k. Had the dealer look for shimmey and grinding noise and they never found anything. It's still there off and on. Now the sending unit for the gas tank level is going bad. For 20K this car should be better. Not long before it goes away in a trade.