Used 2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

This car is awesome!
By Ib2yz4u

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I got all the upgrades, remote starter, spoiler, custom air intake, custom exhaust, tinted windows. This ain't your mama's Intrepid, (Even though I am a mom )I wouldn't be selling it if it had a 3rd row of seating! It is so much fun to drive, 3 kids in the back seat and plenty of room for me and daddy in the front. Only complaint is the 60 lb puppy under my feet! Thinking of buying? Get the upgrades, 3.5 ltr v-6 with auto stick and stick some pipes on it. If your kids won't talk back to you this car will. It will just take what you dish out and keep on giving it back to you. My only regret, that I didn't get the car when I was younger. Man, I could have had some fun!! It is a great car. You won't be disappointed. I never was! It will be a sad day when mine goes!

Favorite Features

Autostick, roomy interior, sporty. Ease of driver features. Integrated sound system sounds so good it can tune out 3 arguing kids in the back seat!

Suggested Improvements

None

Lucky me! LOL
By Satisfied guy

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Intrepid at the end of the model year, paid $19k for it new , 0% financing, no $ down. My car has never been back to the dealer, except once, around 65K miles on a roadtrip when the engine light came on. Found a local dealership, (while still driving, ty cell phone). Dealer took me in Friday 2:30pm, changed my cam sensor for $325, and I was on my way. Car now has 96K on it, and I haven't had any other problems. Of course my door seals have shrunk, but no need to replace them as I see it. I change my oil at Jiffy Lube every 3-5k. After reading these reviews I'd say I must just be a really lucky man-lol OH yeah, drivers window clamp broke,no doubt from overuse! big deal-

Favorite Features

Roominess (I'm 6'4), design (still get compliments) gas mileage (I don't know what some of you are doing, but I floor it, and am a delayed braker) I STILL get 22 mpg around town, 26 on highway!! (usually travel between 70-85 mph) What more can you ask of a car this size?

Suggested Improvements

Hmmm, only thing I can come up with is a set place to tie down the trunk when transporting a bulky item. Overall great car, excellent deal, and I've gotten my $$'s worth.

My Dodge is great
By Kent

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

My Dodge has been great. 3.2 motor, ES trim, Sunroof, no leaks, no major problems, no complaints. I change the oil regularly but not always at 3K. My Dodge gets me an average 26.3 MPG, has 78K on it, and it's fun to drive. The car handles well and is still all original equipment. I have replaced brakes and tires but that's it. This has been a very nice car, the ride is smooth and reasonably quiet. Very satisfied. My car is well made. Always a pleasure to get in and drive. Bought it brand new and have been pleased ever since. No plans to trade or sell it any time soon.

Favorite Features

Easy to read gauges. Easy to access features and controls. Comfortable for drivers and as a passenger, front and back.

Suggested Improvements

None

2000 Dodge Intrepid
By Jan

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

This car is roomy - especially the trunk - it's very large. Even the back seat is comfortable and the driver doesn't have to reach for the radio and other controls.

Favorite Features

Trunk

Suggested Improvements

Rear windshield wipers.

Avoid the 2.7L at all costs!!!!!
By Avoid 2.7 L!!!!

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Whatever you do don't buy the 2.7L. Ours just blew up after 50,000 miles. If you don't beleive me do an internet search for "Dodge 2.7 sludge", you will see hundreds if not thousands of other people complaining of the same thing at even lower milage! The 2.7L has a design flaw where the top half of the engine overheats and causes oil to turn to sludge, it makes it look like it hasn't had an oil change in years even if it has and they void your warranty over it! If the sludge wasn't bad enough, the sludge screws with the timing belt tensioners and loosens the timing belts in a lot of cases too! Causing damage to lifters and requiring thousands in repairs! Class action suits have been filed

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

This engine needs a recall! Untill the little people start winning their lawsuits im sure dodge will do nothing about it, and has done nothing about it!