2000 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Love my ES but not perfect
By Astro on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Overall a great car for the money. Bought an ES with all the options. Looks sharp, great interior, fun to drive. Very comfortable and (of course) roomy. Problems? While no major mechanical failues, the car did have annoying electrical issues for a time. Interior lights would dim/brighten on their own and climate control would occassionally default to "Manual" at start-up. Covered by warranty but two trips to the shop and two new computers before the problem was addressed. I don't trust the car's long-term reliabilty but would still buy it again because it was priced well and is so enjoyable to drive. Plan to keep it as long as I can.

Nice looking but many little problems.
By redbird on 02/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I love the look of the Intrepid and it's a fun car to drive. However, I have had many little problems during the car's first 3 years of life, including replacing the motors to the power windows, replacing parts in the steering column (apparently a BIG problem with dodge/chrysler cars), and now my battery died, I replaced it, and the new one died. They can't figure it out. I love the look but it wasn't worth the money. It's only 3 years old and is already becoming a hassle.

best family car
By mariofloresg on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I believe this is the best family car you can find, It has a lot of space everywhere (trunk, back seats and front), is comfortable, and safe. In addition, it has greak looking (compared to other family cars), good power, and fun to drive.

dodge intrepid
By susu on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

no standard abs poor handleing in wet weather wipers wore out quick std stereo is poor quality compared to other cars of its class transmision slips frequently , dodges excuse is that it is an electronic trany ............poor!!!! this is unexcuseable very bad resale value. i purchased this car at 0% financing and im fliped !!! thats bad. when you are looking for a car , look at the resale value in black book befor you deside that will tell you how good the car is you are buying this car is good to get from a to b but nothing special . too much money for the quality of this car

I was shocked
By robbob on 02/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I had sworn of Dodge's and was set to buy a Taurus. The car dealer was a friend of mine and said just drive the Intrepid. I bought that day. Seats were very comfortable (I had a Seebring and hated the seats). Great pick up very quite and fun to drive. It is great to have someone else in the front seat and not have your shoulders touching.

What's Next ?
By The Hypnotist on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Right rear door actuator went at 39,000 miles Drivers side door actuator went at 42,000 then a week later the check engine light and two weeks later the starter went at 43,000 I am the original owner and the mileage is all highway .What a shame that this car is falling apart on it's own. What's Next?

decent value, decent car
By daver on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

The quality of constuction is decent for a Dodge. Except for a MAJOR problem, I have not had one issue regarding build quality. The MAJOR issue had to do with a wiring loom that was being cut by a bracket and shorted under acceleration. After 6 trips to my 5 star (joke of a dealer in Fairmont WV), the car finally shut down on the interstate going 70. With no electrical power at all, my wife was lucky to be able to move from the fast lane to the breakdown lane. 30 days later, another dealer found the problem. No apologies by Dodge or the dealer. They really did not care at all.

Great car for the money
By josho on 01/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

The car is excelent to drive and is very reliable. Only had one small issue with the power stearing cooler but was very quick and inexspensive to fix.

My Intrepid
By brianph3 on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I have been satisfied with my Intrepid, except for the resale value. I owe $14k on a car now valued at $8k. The Intrepid has a fun, sporty ride/drive for a bigger car, exactly what I was looking for.

Solid performer
By Russman on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan

The R/T version is the only way to go. ~250 HP gives plenty of power (although I did notice that acceleration was faster on cold days/nights than hot ones). The Autostick was NOT designed to replace a manual, it's there for those of us who usually want an auto, but occasionally like to 'control our own destiny'. The body design is cool, which is a geat thing in a world where most other cars have a boring, squared front end. The only problem I can think of is that I experience static electriciy shocks often when opening the doors.