Used 2000 Dodge Intrepid ES Sedan Consumer Reviews - 53 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

junk
By jamie562

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

i have had my intrepid for only 6 monthes it has alternator problems check engine light problems wont stay running stalls when i turn a corner and stop, has engine sludge, blown head gasket oil problems hesitates shakes etc this car is worthless and i would suggest not to buy ive had more problems than anything oh yea this is the 2nd motor and its still [non-permissible content removed] do not buy

none

Firsty my Besty
By Albert29

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Wow what an awesome car so much fun. i'm 18 I like fun cars and truthfully I didn't think this car would provide that! My father passed down the car to me after he purchased a Toyota. Now he misses the Intrepid! It's a very reliable car it's never failed me once even. Probably because I maintain it very well. It's AMAZING in the snow it handles so nice! I still have it and will keep it till it dies! (if it ever does!) Fortunately my car is the 3.2 it's an awesome motor plenty performance yet still surprisingly good on fuel economy. The only quirks are my digital climate control display is out and driver window squeaks but I love my Intrepid!!

3.2 motor, roominess, style, performance.

For Dodge to re-introduce this car!

257000 miles and still going
By scott

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car fully loaded in 2001, Has the 3.2 engine. It has the original plugs in the car and still gets 25+ mpg. My Mom and Dad bought one with the 2.7 it is a piece of junk. Both cars drive nice and handle well but it is obvious which engine was designed by Mercedes (Daimler) I believe that I will get 300,000 out of this car, A/C don't work now, needs some new shocks, and the door locks stick. But for only paying $13,000 and driving it for nine years, we have no complaints. Just bought my wife a new Jetta Diesel and hope to get 400k or more on it. As good as Dodge has been to us we can not buy from a bailout baby. So they will only get worse.

Multi disc CD player with tape cassette still works and rocks. Leather adjustable seats. Could fit my entire family of 6 in the car comfortably, huge trunk, full size spare, no doughnut. Looks great, drove great, slapstick was a blast. Accurate fuel computer Impressive performance for a 6 cyl.

Get rid of the safety locks as they cause problems at about 150,000 miles, never fixed them just put up with the annoyance. Honestly thought the car would be dead by now. I had an offer for $1500 so probably will sell it.

I love my 2000 Dodge Intrepid
By Cornelius Daly

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in the fall of 2003 as I had owned another car that failed . So the Dealer replaced it with the Dodge Intrepid. Now this car is loaded and at the time of purchase it had 78000 miles on it. Other then the general maintenance and the origional parts like Starter, Belts,Battery, 2 pullys, Alternator, Brake Pads, and tires. I haven't had any other trouble. The car came equipped witg an Auto-Stick and A/C and cloth Interior, and AM/FM Stereo Cassette/CD Power Windows, Mirrors, Locks, Alarm,Power Steering, Brakes, Bucket Seats, Fog Lamps, Front and Rear Lighter, and Alumenum Wheels and it delivers between 25-32 mpg and its an awesome car.

The room the power the 3.2 6cyl engine delivers, the handeling is awesome, The interior is so well designed and beautiful.I wish Dodge would bring the Intrepid back

Nothing this is an awesome car,and I love it.

My Pride and Joy
By Intrepidfan000

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased the Intrepid in July of 2008 when it had 61494 miles on it. The major selling points I noticed were that although the car is a boat, it handles like a sports car as it glides along the road like a hot knife through butter. It has graceful, yet aggressive lines, very comfortable supportive seats, a cavernous trunk and cabin, and much more. I have had no problems with the car, and it has taken me from A to B efficiently and stylistically. Unfortunately, the car was totaled in January of 2010 at a young age of 70,512 miles. I have heard that 2.7 liter engine has been problematic, but mine gave me no trouble. As long as you treat it like your pride and joy, you'll be fine.

Highway fuel economy (30+), comfort, power, room, performance, handling, a smooth and quiet ride, all in an outstanding package that looks great, especially in Silver.

Battery placement was stupid (under the headlight), interior materials, exterior plastics.