2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
234,123 miles and still racking 'em up!
By msm618 on 10/02/11 15:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I bought my wife this 2000 Intrepid ES brand new. 3.2 liter . Several moves, coupled with life events, made me the sole operator of this car in 2002. My commutes have ranged from 750 miles per week, presently, to 1500 miles per week! I had the door weatherstripping re-installed very early on (poor adhesive). 2 timing belts, 2 water pumps, 3 tune-ups, 3 sets of tires and religious oil changes have helped me reach this mileage. Never been waxed (my bad, I know!), but gets stares and complements everywhere it goes. Has never failed me in 10 New England winters, and has saved my butt twice - a deer strike, and getting T-boned by a brand-new Volvo, whose front end exploded off on impact.

i love this car
By dolfinfan on 04/26/08 17:41 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome. I have lots of fun with the auto stick and it's real sweet looking too!

I love this car
By HappyOwner on 08/30/07 21:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I have been so happy with this car! I've had absolutely no problems with it, I love the looks of it, and it has zip and great handling. The car has close to 140K miles and so far (knock wood) I haven't had to do anything special except change the oil every 3000 miles and fix the brakes once. I think it was really stupid of Dodge to stop making this model, but given that they have I hope to keep my car forever!

This car is awesome!
By Ib2yz4u on 07/08/05 02:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I got all the upgrades, remote starter, spoiler, custom air intake, custom exhaust, tinted windows. This ain't your mama's Intrepid, (Even though I am a mom )I wouldn't be selling it if it had a 3rd row of seating! It is so much fun to drive, 3 kids in the back seat and plenty of room for me and daddy in the front. Only complaint is the 60 lb puppy under my feet! Thinking of buying? Get the upgrades, 3.5 ltr v-6 with auto stick and stick some pipes on it. If your kids won't talk back to you this car will. It will just take what you dish out and keep on giving it back to you. My only regret, that I didn't get the car when I was younger. Man, I could have had some fun!! It is a great car. You won't be disappointed. I never was! It will be a sad day when mine goes!

2000 Dodge Intrepid
By Jan on 03/16/05 19:20 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

This car is roomy - especially the trunk - it's very large. Even the back seat is comfortable and the driver doesn't have to reach for the radio and other controls.

close but not not quite there
By r/tman on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

Its a fun car to drive but there is a lot of little things that should not be there on a car pushing $30,000. Door seals that have been replaced, twice, a transmission that isn't sure if it should be in gear when cold, dealer can't find the problem, numerous rattles that shouldn't be there. The ownership experience would be a lot more fun if these things weren't there.

Finally as fast as it looks
By mr sulu on 10/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

Was the best looking sedan , R/T made it fun. Had 99 base model , nice but slow.R/T handles like smaller car , goes like stink.Big ABS brakes bail you out of moments of inattention and bad weather. Slap snow tires on and also great in snow ( remove 17" summers )17" Michelins wear fast and are very expensive.

RTOKw/ME
By AvidRTOwner on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

Fits my desire for a great looking sedan with oomph. My second Intrepid. Dissappointed about the noise level though. Car tracks extremely well and the 3.5L engine provides all the power I want. Low end torque could be better. Only problem I've had was the resonator (replaced under warranty). The car is fun to drive and exterior styling is great. Ditto on the door seal shrinkage reported by others.

2000 R/T
By PopolZ on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I'm please with my intrepid even if I had a few problems. Had the steering rack, sway bar endlinks, the door badges (they were pealing) and the door seals replaced all under warranty. the trunk release button wasn't working but got it fixed too. I also had some problem with my wipers, the dealer changed the switch, the wiper controller (the whole BCM was changed),wiper motor and now it's all good!

Solid performer
By Russman on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

The R/T version is the only way to go. ~250 HP gives plenty of power (although I did notice that acceleration was faster on cold days/nights than hot ones). The Autostick was NOT designed to replace a manual, it's there for those of us who usually want an auto, but occasionally like to 'control our own destiny'. The body design is cool, which is a geat thing in a world where most other cars have a boring, squared front end. The only problem I can think of is that I experience static electriciy shocks often when opening the doors.