Used 2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T Sedan Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

234,123 miles and still racking 'em up!
By msm618

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I bought my wife this 2000 Intrepid ES brand new.
3.2 liter .
Several moves, coupled with life events, made me the sole operator of this car in 2002.
My commutes have ranged from 750 miles per week, presently, to 1500 miles per week!
I had the door weatherstripping re-installed very early on (poor adhesive).
2 timing belts, 2 water pumps, 3 tune-ups,
3 sets of tires and religious oil changes have helped me reach this mileage.

Never been waxed (my bad, I know!), but gets stares and complements everywhere it goes.
Has never failed me in 10 New England winters, and has saved my butt twice - a deer strike, and getting T-boned by a brand-new Volvo, whose front end exploded off on impact.

NO RUST! In 10 years in New England, thats quite a compliment to the build quality! The leather is very high-quality, despite some reviews to the contrary on Edmunds. Trust me, I was not a fan of leather seating in the past, but this car totally changed my mind! Soooo comfortable to drive - sound system is ear-bleedingly strong (Pink! and Liz Phair!). Since this car is all highway miles, we have original trans, alternator, etc. Never let me down! I'm shopping for a 2002-2004 as I write this. My wife reallly wants "her" car back!

Outside of the space-mandated battery placement, this car was very-well thought out. Kudos, D-C!

i love this car
By dolfinfan

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

This car is awesome. I have lots of fun with the auto stick and it's real sweet looking too!

the whole car

I have none

I love this car
By HappyOwner

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I have been so happy with this car! I've had absolutely no problems with it, I love the looks of it, and it has zip and great handling. The car has close to 140K miles and so far (knock wood) I haven't had to do anything special except change the oil every 3000 miles and fix the brakes once. I think it was really stupid of Dodge to stop making this model, but given that they have I hope to keep my car forever!

Styling. Very roomy interior. Very roomy trunk. Very reliable and low maintenance. Zippy and responsive

This car is awesome!
By Ib2yz4u

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

I love this car! I got all the upgrades, remote starter, spoiler, custom air intake, custom exhaust, tinted windows. This ain't your mama's Intrepid, (Even though I am a mom )I wouldn't be selling it if it had a 3rd row of seating! It is so much fun to drive, 3 kids in the back seat and plenty of room for me and daddy in the front. Only complaint is the 60 lb puppy under my feet! Thinking of buying? Get the upgrades, 3.5 ltr v-6 with auto stick and stick some pipes on it. If your kids won't talk back to you this car will. It will just take what you dish out and keep on giving it back to you. My only regret, that I didn't get the car when I was younger. Man, I could have had some fun!! It is a great car. You won't be disappointed. I never was! It will be a sad day when mine goes!

Autostick, roomy interior, sporty. Ease of driver features. Integrated sound system sounds so good it can tune out 3 arguing kids in the back seat!

None

2000 Dodge Intrepid
By Jan

2000 Dodge Intrepid Sedan R/T 4dr Sedan

This car is roomy - especially the trunk - it's very large. Even the back seat is comfortable and the driver doesn't have to reach for the radio and other controls.

Trunk