2000 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
junk
By jamie562 on 01/14/13 08:02 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

i have had my intrepid for only 6 monthes it has alternator problems check engine light problems wont stay running stalls when i turn a corner and stop, has engine sludge, blown head gasket oil problems hesitates shakes etc this car is worthless and i would suggest not to buy ive had more problems than anything oh yea this is the 2nd motor and its still [non-permissible content removed] do not buy

Firsty my Besty
By Albert29 on 07/26/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Wow what an awesome car so much fun. i'm 18 I like fun cars and truthfully I didn't think this car would provide that! My father passed down the car to me after he purchased a Toyota. Now he misses the Intrepid! It's a very reliable car it's never failed me once even. Probably because I maintain it very well. It's AMAZING in the snow it handles so nice! I still have it and will keep it till it dies! (if it ever does!) Fortunately my car is the 3.2 it's an awesome motor plenty performance yet still surprisingly good on fuel economy. The only quirks are my digital climate control display is out and driver window squeaks but I love my Intrepid!!

257000 miles and still going
By scott on 05/26/10 19:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car fully loaded in 2001, Has the 3.2 engine. It has the original plugs in the car and still gets 25+ mpg. My Mom and Dad bought one with the 2.7 it is a piece of junk. Both cars drive nice and handle well but it is obvious which engine was designed by Mercedes (Daimler) I believe that I will get 300,000 out of this car, A/C don't work now, needs some new shocks, and the door locks stick. But for only paying $13,000 and driving it for nine years, we have no complaints. Just bought my wife a new Jetta Diesel and hope to get 400k or more on it. As good as Dodge has been to us we can not buy from a bailout baby. So they will only get worse.

I love my 2000 Dodge Intrepid
By Cornelius Daly on 02/21/10 22:00 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in the fall of 2003 as I had owned another car that failed . So the Dealer replaced it with the Dodge Intrepid. Now this car is loaded and at the time of purchase it had 78000 miles on it. Other then the general maintenance and the origional parts like Starter, Belts,Battery, 2 pullys, Alternator, Brake Pads, and tires. I haven't had any other trouble. The car came equipped witg an Auto-Stick and A/C and cloth Interior, and AM/FM Stereo Cassette/CD Power Windows, Mirrors, Locks, Alarm,Power Steering, Brakes, Bucket Seats, Fog Lamps, Front and Rear Lighter, and Alumenum Wheels and it delivers between 25-32 mpg and its an awesome car.

My Pride and Joy
By Intrepidfan000 on 01/17/10 15:53 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased the Intrepid in July of 2008 when it had 61494 miles on it. The major selling points I noticed were that although the car is a boat, it handles like a sports car as it glides along the road like a hot knife through butter. It has graceful, yet aggressive lines, very comfortable supportive seats, a cavernous trunk and cabin, and much more. I have had no problems with the car, and it has taken me from A to B efficiently and stylistically. Unfortunately, the car was totaled in January of 2010 at a young age of 70,512 miles. I have heard that 2.7 liter engine has been problematic, but mine gave me no trouble. As long as you treat it like your pride and joy, you'll be fine.

Best Car I EVER Owned...
By MoJo1491 on 11/03/09 16:21 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

in 50 years of driving including U.S., Japanese & English, all expensive to maintain & needing major work. On advice of mechanic, bought 2000 ES w/2.7L engine. Have NEVER had a major problem. In 10 years & 126K miles, have replaced one power steering pump & put new bushings on inner tie rods. Preventive maintenance is key; brakes, tires, check up & detail every 6 mos. Use 100% synthetic oil. No kids, no smoking, no food in car. Around town and in trips between TX & CA, routinely average 33 mpg. Hauled 5 adults & 2 tons of rock & made 4 household moves. She's still cherry inside & out. Will get another 200K or 10 yrs from her. Just bought a 2nd 2000 Intrepid cuz they don't make 'em anymore.

Second Dodge disaster
By DG Rochester NY on 11/19/08 07:14 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Fun to drive and looked good. Sold with 93,000 miles. Cheap interior plastic parts and carpet, door molds fell out of door, cheap leather on seats. Replaced power divers power motor. Window just fell to bottom of door. Transmisson died at 92K. $1,300 for tranny! 3.2 L engine ran OK but started blowing blue smoke. Cut my losses and sold. Second Dodge! Both were junk! Will never buy any other Dodge or Chyrsler again.

No repairs in 145,000
By eric's intrepid on 05/24/08 03:25 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I just had my first repair besides normal items for an oil leak and the cost was $75.00. Almost traded it in for $800.00 before a second opinion and had it fixed for $75.00. Keeping it and giving to my daughter. Had the car fully evaluated when the repair was done and found nothing wrong at all! Needs front brakes that's it! Great car, never been back to the dealer sine I bought it! 8 years body and mechanical perfect shape, no rust at all. Rides and handles like day one upper 20's on mpg on all highway miles! Two minor items still remain, rear door seal fell off a few years ago and I took it off. Drivers side electric door lock sticking. Looks great, runs great. Another 145,000? Hope so!

Great car ! But?
By concerned8 on 05/11/08 21:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Hi, me and my husband bought this car in 2005. It was a used vehicle the car runs great we love it! But we have experienced a few problems. The starter has been replaced also the battery and now I'm being told that the bushing need to be fixed on passenger side. I don't know. A lot of reviews say they only changed tire and brakes and thats it. So I am a little concerned, if I am getting ripped off or the maintenance is really needed. Please if you have any advice let me no or if you have similar car would appreciate your feedback ad opinion of my repairs.

Last of a Great Breed
By LoneRanger on 03/14/08 13:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Traded in a 1995 for the 2000 ES and what a great choice. Now have over 180,000 miles and have only had to replace the water pump at 110,000. Great roominess, comfort and style. Super MPG for a large car always above 22 and up to 28 on trips. Can't understand why it's being discontinued, the 3.2 engine runs great with enough power and durability. Door seals shrunk but that is common, 1 window motor gave out, but everything else has been iron clad. Dodge wake up! The Intrepid was your best car...so aerodynamic and stylish...I'm looking for another if I can get one I will grab it!