2000 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Canadian Chrysler Intrepid - Better Engine
By kipstorm on 07/28/13 11:36 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

After 235,000 miles, I finally had to lay her to rest. Many mechanics will tell you the 2.7 Chrysler engines have a timing chain problem but this one was made in Canada and I had no problems; the engine was quiet on the last day. (Wife had same engine but made in USA and all the problems.) Through the years, I replaced: strut assemblies, coolant hose, normal batteries and brakes, lights. It was solid; best car I've ever owned. Goodbye, I'll miss you.

junk
By jamie562 on 01/14/13 08:02 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

i have had my intrepid for only 6 monthes it has alternator problems check engine light problems wont stay running stalls when i turn a corner and stop, has engine sludge, blown head gasket oil problems hesitates shakes etc this car is worthless and i would suggest not to buy ive had more problems than anything oh yea this is the 2nd motor and its still [non-permissible content removed] do not buy

234,123 miles and still racking 'em up!
By msm618 on 10/02/11 15:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T 4dr Sedan

I bought my wife this 2000 Intrepid ES brand new. 3.2 liter . Several moves, coupled with life events, made me the sole operator of this car in 2002. My commutes have ranged from 750 miles per week, presently, to 1500 miles per week! I had the door weatherstripping re-installed very early on (poor adhesive). 2 timing belts, 2 water pumps, 3 tune-ups, 3 sets of tires and religious oil changes have helped me reach this mileage. Never been waxed (my bad, I know!), but gets stares and complements everywhere it goes. Has never failed me in 10 New England winters, and has saved my butt twice - a deer strike, and getting T-boned by a brand-new Volvo, whose front end exploded off on impact.

not as bad as expected
By moncton on 08/06/11 07:31 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

bought this car last winter for $2,000/135,000km. Spent some on new front rotors & pads, new plugs, flush coolant. after 6 months, replace brake lines (ouch) 1,000. checked mpg today 24 mpg imperial, mixed hwy & city. 9.7L/100km. not too bad, burns a little oil, nice ride, smooth.

Will miss you RIP 186510 miles!!!!! thank you
By kjroadrunner68 on 07/30/11 11:47 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Bought my first car 2000. Sad day today 7-30-11 just drove it to the junk yard to be crushed ending miles 186,510. I cannot complain about it to much. No major problems with anything only issue was A/C went about 5 years ago and driver side window seemed like it was always coming out of track. I would totally buy another one if they were still made. She was a good car and was a blast to drive in the New York winters!!!! Got $400 better then trading it in. Thank you for your loyal service. R.I.P.

my 2000 intrepid 2.7L V6 automatic gets 20city 30hwy mpg
By wolfmagic on 07/02/11 20:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

my intrepid 2.7L V6 automatic 4-sp 202hp 244,000 kms continuously gets 20city 30hwy mpg - calculated many times since 2008 per: fillup, note odo, drive 3/4 tank, fillup at same exact pump, run formula. and that's with 2 passengers, a full trunk @70 lbs, a headlamp-sized hole in the front end causing drag, a/c on, rear windows 2" open for convertible effect, 70-80F, going 68-70mph on canadian hwy. city driving includes ample stops/lights/traffic. style is semi-aggressive aka giving-gas when in doubt to merge, overtake, make yellows, off the line, as necessary. i have to wonder if brutally cold winters somehow plays a role (its all the car has known)

165k and going
By rhetorical tool on 07/28/10 18:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 2000, only in the shop a couple of times - water pump was biggest thing. Fun to drive, lots of interior room, excellent mileage for the size, nice styling. Still a daily driver.

Firsty my Besty
By Albert29 on 07/26/10 14:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Wow what an awesome car so much fun. i'm 18 I like fun cars and truthfully I didn't think this car would provide that! My father passed down the car to me after he purchased a Toyota. Now he misses the Intrepid! It's a very reliable car it's never failed me once even. Probably because I maintain it very well. It's AMAZING in the snow it handles so nice! I still have it and will keep it till it dies! (if it ever does!) Fortunately my car is the 3.2 it's an awesome motor plenty performance yet still surprisingly good on fuel economy. The only quirks are my digital climate control display is out and driver window squeaks but I love my Intrepid!!

257000 miles and still going
By scott on 05/26/10 19:45 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car fully loaded in 2001, Has the 3.2 engine. It has the original plugs in the car and still gets 25+ mpg. My Mom and Dad bought one with the 2.7 it is a piece of junk. Both cars drive nice and handle well but it is obvious which engine was designed by Mercedes (Daimler) I believe that I will get 300,000 out of this car, A/C don't work now, needs some new shocks, and the door locks stick. But for only paying $13,000 and driving it for nine years, we have no complaints. Just bought my wife a new Jetta Diesel and hope to get 400k or more on it. As good as Dodge has been to us we can not buy from a bailout baby. So they will only get worse.

First vehicle, I loved it, i miss it.
By Jm on 04/08/10 12:44 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

This was my first car and i absolutely loved it, had to fix a few things when i first got it because the previous owner didn't take care of it but after that it was perfect. It was incredibly comfortable inside, handled really well especially for its size, good power (i had the bigger V6), and for its size the gas mileage was pretty darn good. The only reason i don't have it anymore is because I got into a pretty serious wreck with a Buick Century and I'm pretty sure this car saved my life or at least my spine. Would buy another one if i could in a second great buy!