Use synthetic oil in the 2.7 engine
By Baby this car on
1999 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan
I've driven this car daily for 4 1/2 years, I have 160,000 on it currently, and the only things I've had to fix are the electric cooling fans, starter, alternator, battery, and a couple of trans sensors. I've studied this engine, and to take care of the sludge problem you need to run pure synthetic oil of the best variety you can find, it will pay for itself by giving you more performance, better gas mileage, and of course not blowing up. Most people treat their cars like crap and expect them to do everything cheaply, these folks will be the ones with the blown engines at 60,000. Also, run premium gas, that will also pay for itself with better mileage. Good car, I'll get 350,000 out of it
Favorite Features
Nice styling, also handles like the old MOPARS, (I had a 1970 AAR 'Cuda for years, very similar light steering) feels like a lighter car, it only weighs in at 3400 pounds, at least the 2.7 liter model does, decent gas mileage for the size car, I get 20 in the city 32 or better on long highway runs.
Suggested Improvements
A few more ponies, it only has 200 in my engine, even though I use premium gas and synthetic oil which do add a bit of performance. Fix the dang door lock and power window from breaking, I'd take manual window roll ups for my $$$.