1999 Dodge Intrepid 3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Disappointed in Quality

1999 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Review

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

ES Sedan (3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Disappointed in Quality
By vfornelli on

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased the Intrepid after looking at the Volkswagon Passat. The Intrepid was roomier, it cost less, and had a better sound system and climate control. However, after just 37,000 miles, I had to replace the front bearing, rotors and pads under normal driving conditions at a cost of nearly $800. At 61,000 miles, I had to do the same for the rear. I also experienced transmission problems at 61,000 miles. I have enjoyed the room, comfort and gas mileage (23mpg city, 32mpg highway), but I am very disappointed in the mechanical quality of the vehicle.

Favorite Features

My favorite features would include the room, comfort, trunk space, full-size spare, auto-climate control and fuel economy.

Suggested Improvements

I believe the front rotors were under- specd for the car as they have warped twice in 60,000 miles of driving. The Auto-stick feature could be eliminated. I have never used it and believe that it only adds to unnecessary complications and problems within the transmission.