1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Dodge Intrepd
By CKat on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

We have 120,000 miles on our Intrepid and have few complaints. The speed sensor was just replaced this month ($200) and other than oil changes and tires, we've had very little expenses. Very satisfied with performance and maintenance.

Looks are deceiving
By Seekingpeace on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love the looks of this sporty car..but it stops there...Brake problems, unknown wheelwell noise, road noise, door handle broke at 33000, a/c poor, gas mileage poor, paint sucks, fading peeling at 33000 miles, general poor overall body quality. Got it cheap...it's true you get what you pay for...would not by another Intrepid

My 5th Intrepid - Good as ever
By LarryBoet on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned 5 Intrepids (actually 4 + 1 Eagle Vision). The last one (1999 ES) went over 100,000 miles before the first repair ($600). Unlike previous experiences with [mainly] Toyota, where I have spent up to 1/2 the new car value in repairs over the first 130,000 miles, the Intrepids have served me well.

Don't buy this dodge
By ken ohio on 06/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought car for $19000 had no problem for 6000 miles then recall twice.. at 15000 left rear window motor stopped working, at 21000 trunk lock wont open. 30500 car overheated and wont start. at 37000 just after the warranty was over speed sensor went bad $300.00 to fix. at 42000 the instrument panel light works sometimes. auto lock on left front door makes noise and get stuck 250.00 to fix. Ac stopped working at 45000 500.00 to fix. now at 52000 the oil light comes on after at idle. dealer wants 1000.00 to fix problems. Selling this car. First American car in the last 25 years I bought. But never again I sold my domestic cars stock also. stay with Honda, Toyota, Mazda.

This is the worst car EVER!
By RockStar on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

paid $11,000 for the car. only had for 2 years and have had to have $8000 in repairs! transmission, vehicle speed sensor, total rebuild of the braking system, electrical failed, suspension shot, ac died...you name it it's happened. I HATE THIS CAR!

Good Deal
By SIegfrieds on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

For the price this is a very reliable car. I have 40k on my '99 Intrepid ES. The only problems thus far is, 1) the paint job is chipping, the chrome on the dodge stickers are pealing a bit, I had a bit of a slip in the trany when I had the fluid replace but after about 2weeks that went away. So far its been a very reliable car for 3.5 years. Oh, I also had the headlight switch and one window motor replaced.

P-COLA CRUSIN'...
By GASMAN on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Owned car for 1 1/2 years. Love how it performs on the highway. Not many cars can touch it!! Car really turns heads...!!

1999 Intrepid ES
By barbowl300 on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 4 years now and it has been very reliable. During that time, I have had three mechanical problems with various sensors during ownership. Other than that, the car handles great and is very comfortable and easy to drive. I now have over 90,000 miles on this car and the maintenance has consisted of two brake changes and one tire change. The trunk is spacious and comes in handy for hauling suitcases. My main pet peeve with the car is the lack of cup holders in the back seat for passengers. I track my gas mileage and the car continues to get 29 - 30 MPG on the highway. I would purchase another one.

Maintenence Nightmare!
By sperris on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Radiator Pump @45000; transmission speed regulator @34000 and @75000; three of four door lock actuators that make noise and stop working @50000; remaining lock @90000; r. passenger window motor @80000; rw defroster @19000; Heater control @50000; Heater fan @75000; Frequent brake replacements; license plate light wiring @55000; brake light pedal sensor @78000; o2 Sensor @86000; whining steering @70000; loud wheelwell noises - dealership "can't find problems with" @84000 Very bad quality!

99 Dodge Intrepid
By ichabod on 04/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has very unreliable. Numerous repairs include computer, brakes,windows, windshield wipers, and transmission. The vehicle has a pronounced pull to the left,which despite endless efforts to eliminate, cannot be corrected. Getting into and exiting the car is very difficult for a six footer due to the low head clearance. In summary the car is long on style and short on substsance. It full of 10 cent parts.