1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Love the Intrepid, hate the road noise
By Hot Mom on 10/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just bought a 1999 intrepid I haven't had any problems so far but It seems like it doesn't go over bumps as quietly as it should, when I ride in my best friends toyota solara then go back to my car it's like I'm on the mine ride at cedar point! if you're from ohio you know what I'm talking about Well maybe that's a little harsh but I think dodge should improve the suspension then the car would be perfect. I love the way it looks, I have a silver one with the metalic paint job on it so it sparkles in the sunlight. It's one of the best looking affordable family cars out there, the interior needs some updating though. but overall I like the car.

class action
By austin tx on 09/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was Intrepid #2. My first was a '95 and had a repeating front-end problem. Should have learned! My '99 Intrepid was the first new car I have ever purchased and about number 15 in vehicles owned. At 52K miles I spent over 5k to replace the engine. They said lack of required maint. I say bad oil sending unit. Brakes $700 Window motors replaced under warranty as well as both engine fans. Lots of road noise and don't dare roll down the back windows while you are moving. Don't buy

What will go wrong next?? CAE
By MixedBag on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Intrepid has 145K miles and the engine has been very reliable. It rides like it has 40K miles. But I am counting the days until I can sell or finish the payments. List of Problems a.Driver seat bolt broke. (Thankfully, I was not driving.) b.All power windows have stopped working. (No more drive-thru meals.) c.Speed sensor has malfunctioned 3 times. (Once during rush hour in Atlanta) e.Power seat assembly is broken.(Costs $1K to replace... why throw good money after bad???) Learn from my mistake:If you buy an Intrepid (any model) get a very good price, with a dependable warranty.

Never Again!
By mrock on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought as a program car. Have 54K miles on it. Have had numerous mechanical problems. AC out @30K. Front right strut@40K. Left control arm bar@50K. AC and alternator belts@53K. Even the Dodge emblem fell off the front hood. Talk about junk. I tried to trade it in and the dealer would only offer me 2k for it. Talk about a joke. I'll never buy American again.

Engine & Sensor PROBLEMS
By Brenp on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I was very happy with my car UNTIL I had to start replacing sensors and now my engine is gone. It seems that I've taken to this car to have something repaired way to often! I have 85,000 on the car and have been told by several mechanics that they have heard of many problems with this engine and was suprised that my engine hadn't gone before now.

keep windows closed
By nick the greek on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

this car was so poorly designed that you cant drive at 60 mph with the front windows closed and the back windows open,i just rented a 2004 model and it was still the same,also if i charge my cellphone and shut off the ignition i have a humming sound coming from my speakers.i had to change the engine pulley 3 times in 3 years,power windows work usually

Dodge-ing Problems
By Goldavid on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Like others, I have had a bad speed sensor and the driver side window motor has gone bad. Right now my car is in the shop with a bad evaporator. On the plus side, it is very roomy, great trunk space and fun to drive. . I have had no problems with paint as others seem to have had. Glove compartment is very small. Keyless entry is iffy - I recommend getting the battery replaced more often and go to Radio Shack - cost is 50% less than dealer. Concerned about the next big problem - can anyone say "Transmission?" As of today, my car is at 55k.

Intrepid review
By anne on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I love this vehicle. It has plenty of space in the back seat and the trunk is huge! I like the sleek design and the way it drives is so smooth. It has plenty of power and will get up and go. I have had trouble with it not switching out of gear and it was some little wire that had to be replaced. I also had both fans to lock up and they had to be replaced $550). Other than those two things, I haven't had any trouble from my car. I have truly enjoyed the large trunk. We got the car so that we could fit my mother in law's wheelchair in it.

Nice Car
By pikrob on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

The Intrepid is a nice car, handles well, and is good on gas for the size, at the time it was the only car in the 20K price range that offered seating for six. unfortunately the bench seat was only available with the 2.7L engine.

Intrepid
By Swampy on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

While not flashy, the Intrepid has been a comfortable, reliable vehicle and very suitable for extended driving.