Used 1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Run For Your Life
By Denise

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is by far the worst car I have ever owned. The first year was okay, but it went "downhill" after that. The a/c and heating is far from adequate and very loud especially on high. It took the dealership three years to figure out what was wrong.(it was the condenser) The power locks and windows have worked much less than perfect for the last four years. Now 62,500 miles and 7 years later the motor has thrown a rod and I am receiving information that I am not the only one that has had the motor go "kaboom" at 60,000 miles. So, beware if you buy a 1999 Dodge Intrepid.

The trunk is very roomy.

A/C and heating needs work and definitely the engine.

Excellent Pick
By Jaime

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car only three days ago and I am in love with it. Took it straight to the mechanic and the only issue was a tie rod that was easily replaced and the car is in perfect condition. Got it for 3200 with TTL at the dealership. Interior is in excellent condition and the only think I am going to have to replace is the CD player. Not bad for a great buy.

Love the room

'99 intrepid
By CHRIS

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Good car, no major problems. I'm about 6'3" so the size is a plus. I can strech out and drive comfortably. Decent power. I like the stock rims. In town gas mileage is low, but I have a heavy foot. Good highway mileage for its size. It does unbelivably amazing in snow and ice so long as you dont go too fast. It will go anywhere on slick roads without sliding! But if you try to take off fast on snow, wet, or even slightly wet roads, you will not move, just spin tires like crazy. My A/C went out so it is hot in the summer. I had some problems with the power windows but they all work now and I havent had problems with them for a long time. It has never left me stranded

Size, like I said I'm 6'3" and have tons of room, seats 5 comfortably. The trunk is huge. Decent handling

Stronger transmission. Rear cupholders. More power would be nice. Better brakes. Traction on wet roads. Back doors are extremely long (nice when you have the room)

Good Deal
By drey05

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I am a 18 year old college student. After hitting a deer going 60mph in my 1997 Intrepid I knew I wanted another intrepid. I found my 99 with 88k on it. That was 6 months ago, i know have 96k on it..it has power (mainly from 2500-4500rpm) My biggest complaint is gas mileage. I get about 19mph..but then again I do have a heavy foot and pick up speed fast. My other problem is it has a hard time starting (turns over but won't fire) but if you hold the key for like 4 seconds, it starts and runs fine.. So I'm not to worried about it right now.

Size, power, comfort.

Factory remote start, sportier exhaust system, gas mileage

CAR-LESS
By Jean

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

The car started off great and roomy enough for two kids, great trunk space. I sit here today car-less because the engine is gone. For the past six years we have dealt with sensors going out, airconditioning, and oil pan problems. The rear passenger window rolls up when it wants to. Steer away from this car.

Excellent trunk space