Used 1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

I Love It
By Sweetgirl

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I got my Intrepid about 3 years ago. It was my very first car so, I took extra good care of it. My dad replaced the engine when we bought it because the previous owners did not take care of it. It runs smooth for me(and I do a lot of highway driving). Plus, the car is very roomy and it has a lot of leg room for tall people, I have a tall family and I am tall myself (i'm about 6'2) and I do not like trucks so I fit very comfortable in it. I recommed this car to any one who knows how to take care of a car, cause lets face it you treat the motor wrong it's going to blow!!

My favorite features are the air conditioner.

A car that will be missed.
By Kyle

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned the Intrepid with the 3.2 V6. It was an excellent car, never any problems, always ran like a champ. I know people say this car has a bad engine. That's only if you get the 2.7, so if you go with the 3.2 or 3.5 you'll be fine. My Intrepid was a great car up until a couple of days ago. I had gotten into a small car accident where the front end went up the SUV in front of me. My passenger and I and the other cars were all fine. However the Intrepid is toast. It still runs and all but needs a new front end and radiator. I plan on buying an Intrepid that has a 2.7 engine that has failed and swapping it with mine.

Comfortable for short and long trips. Amazing MPG on highway roughly 31. Very safe car and never failed once.

Cup holders and the Infinity sound system is good but not strong for loud music.

Roomy Wreck
By Wallace

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

The car has been OK. It is very roomy in both front and back seats, and has a huge trunk. The mileage is pretty good. Have had several problems with the brakes and sensors. It does ride good on road trips.

It is roomy. The trunk space and road ride are good.

Work on the brakes and sensors. Also the headlights fogged up pretty early and the lights are really dim.

My Dodge
By Jim

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I am very happy with my Intrepid ES. I bought it with 65,000 miles on it. {100,000 mile warranty} It was a program car that was well taken care of. Leather interior and the works. Beautiful riding highway cruiser. I have 140,000 and it's ready for lots more. So far I have only had to put in a new starter & flywheel. I replaced the front struts and it's back to the ride it was when I got it. The only problem I have with it is the weatherstripping around all four doors has shrunk about 1 inch from time and weather. Dodge wouldn't do anything about covering it under the warranty for replacement. The mileage could be better, but I am really happy with it

It was built for roadtrips and I love to roadtrip with it.

The only thing I can say is they need to do something about replacing the weatherstripping at no cost to the owner

My '99 supercar
By clydedernitt

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

i purchased this car used with 16000 miles. It was for taking the kids to school, a 10 mile trip daily .I did go from TN to FL once and the fuel mileage was not as expected. I added Chrysler alloy wheels and the nose and deck spoiler like comes on the later RT models. I only have 43,000 miles on it now. I went to trade it for a new Caliber dodge and the dealer offered only $1600.00 trade-in! The Dodge dealer stated that the motors in these cars are bad. My car runs and looks new. We kept the Dodge for a back-up vehicle for my soon to be a driver teen son. No major defects. 2 recalls. One speed sensor and oil change. Brakes, rotor

Can seat 6 passangers, plenty of cabin space, big trunk, drives well.