1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
I Love It
By Sweetgirl on 02/21/07 07:16 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I got my Intrepid about 3 years ago. It was my very first car so, I took extra good care of it. My dad replaced the engine when we bought it because the previous owners did not take care of it. It runs smooth for me(and I do a lot of highway driving). Plus, the car is very roomy and it has a lot of leg room for tall people, I have a tall family and I am tall myself (i'm about 6'2) and I do not like trucks so I fit very comfortable in it. I recommed this car to any one who knows how to take care of a car, cause lets face it you treat the motor wrong it's going to blow!!

A car that will be missed.
By Kyle on 12/04/06 11:48 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned the Intrepid with the 3.2 V6. It was an excellent car, never any problems, always ran like a champ. I know people say this car has a bad engine. That's only if you get the 2.7, so if you go with the 3.2 or 3.5 you'll be fine. My Intrepid was a great car up until a couple of days ago. I had gotten into a small car accident where the front end went up the SUV in front of me. My passenger and I and the other cars were all fine. However the Intrepid is toast. It still runs and all but needs a new front end and radiator. I plan on buying an Intrepid that has a 2.7 engine that has failed and swapping it with mine.

Roomy Wreck
By Wallace on 09/08/06 13:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

The car has been OK. It is very roomy in both front and back seats, and has a huge trunk. The mileage is pretty good. Have had several problems with the brakes and sensors. It does ride good on road trips.

My Dodge
By Jim on 08/10/06 14:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I am very happy with my Intrepid ES. I bought it with 65,000 miles on it. {100,000 mile warranty} It was a program car that was well taken care of. Leather interior and the works. Beautiful riding highway cruiser. I have 140,000 and it's ready for lots more. So far I have only had to put in a new starter & flywheel. I replaced the front struts and it's back to the ride it was when I got it. The only problem I have with it is the weatherstripping around all four doors has shrunk about 1 inch from time and weather. Dodge wouldn't do anything about covering it under the warranty for replacement. The mileage could be better, but I am really happy with it

My '99 supercar
By clydedernitt on 07/20/06 19:55 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

i purchased this car used with 16000 miles. It was for taking the kids to school, a 10 mile trip daily .I did go from TN to FL once and the fuel mileage was not as expected. I added Chrysler alloy wheels and the nose and deck spoiler like comes on the later RT models. I only have 43,000 miles on it now. I went to trade it for a new Caliber dodge and the dealer offered only $1600.00 trade-in! The Dodge dealer stated that the motors in these cars are bad. My car runs and looks new. We kept the Dodge for a back-up vehicle for my soon to be a driver teen son. No major defects. 2 recalls. One speed sensor and oil change. Brakes, rotor

Run For Your Life
By Denise on 06/14/06 16:51 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is by far the worst car I have ever owned. The first year was okay, but it went "downhill" after that. The a/c and heating is far from adequate and very loud especially on high. It took the dealership three years to figure out what was wrong.(it was the condenser) The power locks and windows have worked much less than perfect for the last four years. Now 62,500 miles and 7 years later the motor has thrown a rod and I am receiving information that I am not the only one that has had the motor go "kaboom" at 60,000 miles. So, beware if you buy a 1999 Dodge Intrepid.

Excellent Pick
By Jaime on 06/12/06 14:12 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car only three days ago and I am in love with it. Took it straight to the mechanic and the only issue was a tie rod that was easily replaced and the car is in perfect condition. Got it for 3200 with TTL at the dealership. Interior is in excellent condition and the only think I am going to have to replace is the CD player. Not bad for a great buy.

'99 intrepid
By CHRIS on 02/15/06 18:16 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Good car, no major problems. I'm about 6'3" so the size is a plus. I can strech out and drive comfortably. Decent power. I like the stock rims. In town gas mileage is low, but I have a heavy foot. Good highway mileage for its size. It does unbelivably amazing in snow and ice so long as you dont go too fast. It will go anywhere on slick roads without sliding! But if you try to take off fast on snow, wet, or even slightly wet roads, you will not move, just spin tires like crazy. My A/C went out so it is hot in the summer. I had some problems with the power windows but they all work now and I havent had problems with them for a long time. It has never left me stranded

Good Deal
By drey05 on 01/27/06 14:56 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I am a 18 year old college student. After hitting a deer going 60mph in my 1997 Intrepid I knew I wanted another intrepid. I found my 99 with 88k on it. That was 6 months ago, i know have 96k on it..it has power (mainly from 2500-4500rpm) My biggest complaint is gas mileage. I get about 19mph..but then again I do have a heavy foot and pick up speed fast. My other problem is it has a hard time starting (turns over but won't fire) but if you hold the key for like 4 seconds, it starts and runs fine.. So I'm not to worried about it right now.

CAR-LESS
By Jean on 12/28/05 20:30 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

The car started off great and roomy enough for two kids, great trunk space. I sit here today car-less because the engine is gone. For the past six years we have dealt with sensors going out, airconditioning, and oil pan problems. The rear passenger window rolls up when it wants to. Steer away from this car.