Used 1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Intrepid
By J B Leabhart on 12/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Transmission does not hold up well. The brakes have to be replaced more often than on some other cars that I have had. Would not recommend the dealer for service or repairs. To many errors.

Gotta Love It!!!
By Starry on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This car has been wonderful to me and my family. It is very roomy and provides space for five, tall adults. The ride is very smooth and comfortable for long trips. The only complaint is that the driver window sticks and falls off of the track. Other than that, there is absolutely nothing I would say is wrong with the car!

Electrical
By SLYGOOSE on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought a 99 Intrepid SE in Oct 99. With 60000 miles on it, all window switches and regulators have been replaced at least once, the main computer 4 times, electric fuel pump, speakers, brake computer module, radiator hoses. Very Poor Quality

Paint problems
By trademark on 10/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

The biggest problem I had was at 20,000 miles the clear coat started to peal off the front of the car. Chrysler ended up repainting it and doing a lousy job. The trim "ES" and "Dodge" emblems look like crap now that the chrome plating has pealed off. Roters and front brakes at 40,000. Roters warped very bad. The driving lights are very disapointing, very dim, 35 watts and nothing larger available. Water in the headlights is very common. I am told that it is due to a pluged drain. I can't find it! Gas milage is awful. Average is 22-23. Basically the interior trim is ok. Everything fits together but the noise level in the car at 55 is awful.

Good for the money
By AABlue on 10/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

After 108,000 miles car still runs great. the only mechanical problem has been replacing the rotors and pad, and shocks. Overall excellent vehicle.

Great Automobile
By ts397 on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Very stylish and dependable.

Disappointed in Quality
By vfornelli on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased the Intrepid after looking at the Volkswagon Passat. The Intrepid was roomier, it cost less, and had a better sound system and climate control. However, after just 37,000 miles, I had to replace the front bearing, rotors and pads under normal driving conditions at a cost of nearly $800. At 61,000 miles, I had to do the same for the rear. I also experienced transmission problems at 61,000 miles. I have enjoyed the room, comfort and gas mileage (23mpg city, 32mpg highway), but I am very disappointed in the mechanical quality of the vehicle.

DO NOT BUY DODGE/CHRYSLER!
By AliasdislikesDodge on 08/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Had to buy a new engine at a price of $3,000.00 with no help from Chrysler or Dodge... They would not release parts to any other mechanic due to the "newness" of vehicle. You know, nothing of this magnitude should happen to such a new car... So we were forced to see dealership to fix. Constant alignment problems- the car has never driven smoothly. New fuel injection pump also... and now mechanical problems. Also hubcabs are rusted through- no protected finish originally. We are presently looking to purchase a new car and will more than likely take a loss due to all problems.

Intrepid
By Billz on 07/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased used about a year ago. Car has proven a reliable and attractive vehicle with great mileage for a car of its size.

Problems with plastic
By poor plastic on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Since I have purchached this car I have had nothing but problems. It was a demo when purchased from the dealership. Since then I have had everything plastic in the car to break. So far me door handles, air condition vents, rear big brake light, ash trays, and the dash panel around my radio have all been broken. You would think just replace the handel to the door but of course the car is made with it being all attached so I had to purchase a whole new door $500.00, (luckly I found one at a junk yard for $100) air condition vents $27.00 each, panel around radio $100.00. Haven't checked on the brake light, yet but I can only imagine.