1999 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
TANK!
By smiley on 03/17/10 05:12 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned my 99 intrepid for about 6 months put it through hell and back. a week after i got it i smeared a deer. sat in the garage till Jan. got the new door and fender that was messed up from hitting the deer. yesterday i rear ended someone and totaled his car. only scratched my car. I hit him doing 40. and I'm still driving it. no problems besides deployed airbags now. Love this car! I'm getting another one!

Expectations met
By steve on 06/30/09 07:42 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

i started reading the bad reviews about 4 years ago and was nervous until i realized I had the 3.5 engine. Bought it new and have had it now 10 years with 145,000 miles. It is the most comfortable riding car i have ever had. Transmission problems in 2003, but other than that, nothing major. there have been a lot of little annoying things that have gone wrong: power windows, heater fan, power locks etc. Right now it seems to be running like a clock!

I Love It
By Sweetgirl on 02/21/07 07:16 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I got my Intrepid about 3 years ago. It was my very first car so, I took extra good care of it. My dad replaced the engine when we bought it because the previous owners did not take care of it. It runs smooth for me(and I do a lot of highway driving). Plus, the car is very roomy and it has a lot of leg room for tall people, I have a tall family and I am tall myself (i'm about 6'2) and I do not like trucks so I fit very comfortable in it. I recommed this car to any one who knows how to take care of a car, cause lets face it you treat the motor wrong it's going to blow!!

A car that will be missed.
By Kyle on 12/04/06 11:48 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned the Intrepid with the 3.2 V6. It was an excellent car, never any problems, always ran like a champ. I know people say this car has a bad engine. That's only if you get the 2.7, so if you go with the 3.2 or 3.5 you'll be fine. My Intrepid was a great car up until a couple of days ago. I had gotten into a small car accident where the front end went up the SUV in front of me. My passenger and I and the other cars were all fine. However the Intrepid is toast. It still runs and all but needs a new front end and radiator. I plan on buying an Intrepid that has a 2.7 engine that has failed and swapping it with mine.

My Dodge
By Jim on 08/10/06 14:31 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I am very happy with my Intrepid ES. I bought it with 65,000 miles on it. {100,000 mile warranty} It was a program car that was well taken care of. Leather interior and the works. Beautiful riding highway cruiser. I have 140,000 and it's ready for lots more. So far I have only had to put in a new starter & flywheel. I replaced the front struts and it's back to the ride it was when I got it. The only problem I have with it is the weatherstripping around all four doors has shrunk about 1 inch from time and weather. Dodge wouldn't do anything about covering it under the warranty for replacement. The mileage could be better, but I am really happy with it

'99 intrepid
By CHRIS on 02/15/06 18:16 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Good car, no major problems. I'm about 6'3" so the size is a plus. I can strech out and drive comfortably. Decent power. I like the stock rims. In town gas mileage is low, but I have a heavy foot. Good highway mileage for its size. It does unbelivably amazing in snow and ice so long as you dont go too fast. It will go anywhere on slick roads without sliding! But if you try to take off fast on snow, wet, or even slightly wet roads, you will not move, just spin tires like crazy. My A/C went out so it is hot in the summer. I had some problems with the power windows but they all work now and I havent had problems with them for a long time. It has never left me stranded

Good Deal
By drey05 on 01/27/06 14:56 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I am a 18 year old college student. After hitting a deer going 60mph in my 1997 Intrepid I knew I wanted another intrepid. I found my 99 with 88k on it. That was 6 months ago, i know have 96k on it..it has power (mainly from 2500-4500rpm) My biggest complaint is gas mileage. I get about 19mph..but then again I do have a heavy foot and pick up speed fast. My other problem is it has a hard time starting (turns over but won't fire) but if you hold the key for like 4 seconds, it starts and runs fine.. So I'm not to worried about it right now.

CAR-LESS
By Jean on 12/28/05 20:30 PM (PST)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

The car started off great and roomy enough for two kids, great trunk space. I sit here today car-less because the engine is gone. For the past six years we have dealt with sensors going out, airconditioning, and oil pan problems. The rear passenger window rolls up when it wants to. Steer away from this car.

Mine has been great
By Happy on 08/01/05 02:17 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my ES 3.2L new in May '99. We've had it for a little over 6 years now and just recently had to replace a transmission speed sensor. That is the only non-scheduled maintenance in 6 years! Guess I got a good one. We had it in Europe for 4 years and this thing will cruise the autobahn all day at 100 MPH with no problem. It really has been an exceptional family car for us.

I love my '99 ES
By Tihson69 on 05/05/05 18:44 PM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I have ownd my '99 ES since '00. I LOVE IT. I have had no major issues (with the exception of the brake rotors-- warping--COMMON PROBLEM!!) & a brake sensor -- I have only had to replace my cup holder (broken by my own fault); and my passenger front window motor is slow to roll up/down (due to someone hitting me as I was parked in a lot). I have added several 300 M parts (chrome shifter for autostick), chrome window switches, and 17" chrome wheels. If the gas mileage was better (or had a bigger engine --say 4.5L I would be EXTREMELY happy --I can carry all I ever need with 18.4 CU FT of trunk space!