1998 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Review: Invigorating Intrepid

1998 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Review

ES Sedan (3.2L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Invigorating Intrepid
By Karl Becker on

1998 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

The most recent 4 vehicles of my wife's and mine have been Chrysler products so I looked for another when someone rammed my Dodge Stratus (that I drove for 218,000 miles). I was able to find this Intrepid through the AutoTrader.com link from Edmunds while I was evaluating a Dodge Neon.The Intrepid is a remarkably smooth riding vehicle, especially considering that I purchased it used with 96,000 miles on it. I drive 45 miles one way on country New England roads each day and suffer from a fractured pelvis, the ride of the Intrepid is so smooth that I am able to handle the commute easily. The 2.7liter V6 engine has remarkable pick up and cruise ability. Handling in snow and rain is also great.

The interior design is incredibly comforting.I like the way the turn signal/wiper control has a contoured groove designed to fit your finger as you are able to use it without taking your hand off the wheel.3 of my children can fit comfortably in the back seat with the front back all the way.

I have so many compliments for the car that it is hard to think of improvements. I would like to have cup holders in the back and the cup holders in the front could be designed better.