1998 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
I LOVE THIS CAR
By bsten on 05/14/11 20:20 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I love this car, correction.. I loved her. She was by far the hardest car I have to replace. She kept running way past 255,000 miles. But sadly, she was rear ended and considered totaled. Its been so hard to find a vehicle with all these options she had, such as the overhead console that told me my mpg and temp outside, I loved the leather seats and how big she was. The gas mileage was actually really great, the acceleration was nice and everything worked really well! I barely had any issues with her, maybe put $300 in her with the three years I had her (my parents owned her prior to me). The looks of this car was nice, sleek and clean. (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (: (:

3.2 Engine is very solid
By Chris Riccio on 06/17/10 20:18 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I think this could be one of the most underrated cars in the last 10-15 years. I am the original owner. It has respectable performance & handling. It gets great gas mileage. I have gotten 30 MPG on the highway and 23+ around town. Keep in mind this is not a small car. I rent cars all week being a traveling sales guy. I also own 7 other cars. This car is a still amazes me. 203K Miles and still very strong. No issues until the car had 125K on it. Recent repairs have included the air cond system, and the computer system. A few other minor repairs but this car never had a problem in the first 8 years of ownership. Like the design better then the Charger

Gas mileage
By Bud on 03/13/10 18:26 PM (PST)

1998 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I'm only doing this because you showed fuel economy 20 mpg. I get 30 mpg highway even got 32 mpg all the way across Wyoming on 85 octane. Checked mpg closely last August - carefully - got 30 mpg exactly. Current odometer 99k. I'm 78 yrs old. Owned several Chryslers and Dodges and Fords. Chrysler was better by far.

Disappointed
By Disappointed on 03/21/09 18:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I just bought my 98 intrepid and the dealership checked it out and said it was in perfect condition. Within 2 weeks the alternator went out and now the body shop is telling me to prepare for a new tranny!!! I only paid 5,000 for the car and as of now it is costing me an additional 4,000. I was warned to never buy a dodge I just wished i had listened

1998 Dodge Intrepid with 182,000 miles
By matthew on 01/16/09 07:55 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I own a 1998 Dodge Intrepid with 182,000 miles and it still runs without a problem. I can say I got the good built 2.7 because I've never experienced any problems with it since I've had it for the past year. I keep up on the maintnence I get my motor cleaned often and change the plugs every once in a while. I love this car and am glad it's been good to me. I don't know anyone that has an Intrepid with 182,000, miles.

Great car for gas mileage
By rangejeep on 06/05/08 11:07 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Bought with 42,000 miles and racked up 160,000 Miles. I like the pep of the ES engine. Nice room inside (I'm 6-6). The auto stick is fun and useful when driving bumper to bumper traffic. Just pop into 2nd gear until you clear the traffic. I originally bought to have a large car now I keep for the good mileage. On the highway I'm at 30mpg. I'm surprised that no other large car gets better mileage in 10 years! Sure it has its issues and I've kept up with major maintenance like timing belt (a must at 100k miles). Some electric glitches and interior fading from the sun but it's held up well. The clear coat is now starting to peel but not too bad. If I keep forever a paint job would be in order.

Quality Ride
By marty on 04/03/08 00:03 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

First new car I'd ever owned, happy that it was this choice. Pretty decent car for the first completely built by computer. Gets around good in all kinds of weather conditions. Even though it's the 2.7 standard model, the power is still there when you need it, and the comfort is there all of the time. At almost 50,000 miles, I am hoping to have a long, continued contentment with this car. I love the looks of it so, that I still baby it, and park it out in the back 40s so it won't get scratched. I have taken good care of this car, and it has taken good care of me in return.

My review
By dodge intrepid on 02/12/08 09:50 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

This car drives really good. Most of the miles are highway miles. I enjoy driving this car all the time.

Still love the intrepid
By long commute on 11/16/07 08:25 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1998 Intrepid ES new in 1998. After 321,000 miles I still love this car. It still runs well even though it's beginning to show it's age. If Dodge still made them, I would buy another without a second thought.

Decent.... Not reliable
By smitty on 10/09/07 19:42 PM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I had this car for 2 years. First let me say, while the car was running, I loved this car, but For the first 6 months the car seemed to be doing great, then after that, problem upon problem upon problem. I bought this car for $3000 and put probably another $3000-5000 in it for problems. In the end the head gasket went and I was done with this car, got a 2000 Mustang, love it! This car looks great, very comfortable, when it ran, it ran great, nice power, on the 3.2 engine at least. I love the looks of the car and the size, I love big cars, but I just had way too many problems with this thing.

1 2 3 4 5 next »