One of the most underrated sedans
By Dodge8 on
1997 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan
I bought this car to replace my piece of junk 1996 Oldsmobile Ciera. This Intrepid has done more than impress me. I am getting 27 to 29 mpg with city/highway and 32 mpg with the optional 3.5l 24 valve SOHC V6 that was only rated at 26 mpg! I have almost 127,000 miles on the original motor and transmission and they both behave as though they have at least another 75,000 miles left on them. I have had to replace a intake and some other gasket on it but beyond that, it is been trouble free.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage, acceleration that beats V6 Mustangs and Cameros, comfortable size, looks like a four door Viper from the front, great sound system, interior does not feel cheap, the one touch cup holders, white faced gauges, smooth shifting transmission, doesn't have the annoying "big car" driving feel
Suggested Improvements
Make the autostick standard for all Chrysler products, offer the 3.5l in more cars than just the LX(Magnum, Charger, 300) and LH platforms (Intrepid, 300M/Vision, Concorde, LHS) like the Stratus/Sebring & minivans, offer larger base engines (3.8 instead of 3.3), high-speed axles for even better mpg.