1997 Dodge Intrepid 3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Electrical system Issues

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Review

Electrical system Issues
By kltaubin on

1997 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Hey! I like the car. I, for the most part haven't really had any real problems with the car as far as maintenance. But, I did however have some problems with the Electrical system shorting out on me. The car hesitated while driving. Shutting down in the middle of the interstate. where i had no control of the acceleration and power stering went out. Then it would regain power and then in a few seconds shut down again. I tried to get a mechanic to find the problem but the cost was too much. So i left it. Now the only thing that really happens is the wipers will come on speratically. There is still a short. But, it stopped hesitating and shutting down.

Favorite Features

The car is roomy inside. It handles well. Good power.

Suggested Improvements

The mechanic told me that the manufacturer split the power from the battery and alt. to feed multiple functions in the car. I think this makes it difficult to find out what the problem is with the electrical issue. Costly too. Fix that and the car is a winner.