1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Nice car
By Steve on 12/30/04 19:53 PM (PST)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Just got car in Nov 2004. Very surprised with this car. I never paid much attention to Intrepids. Very tight, rattle-free and solid. Lots of power from the 3.5. 24 mpg!

The most comfortable car (and reliable)
By Kherson on 11/04/04 14:08 PM (PST)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought it with only 52K on it. Owned it for 3.5 years and had almost no problems with it. It is so comfortable and fast enough to make a great everyday as well as highway car. Suspension absorbs all the bumps better than any import in this class. Great mileage for the size. Loved it!

Excellent Used Car
By Niquinuk on 06/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Traction control and autostick features on this vehicle make it an excellent choice for a used purchase. Krause Dodge,Lehigh Valley, PA was the dealer we bought the car from, had exceptional customer service & knowledge. They accepted my trade-in (1994 Intrepid) for NADA amount I expected. Another dealer(Keystone Dodge, Allentown, PA) tried to give us only one third of that amount as if it were to go for auction when it was in clean condition, under 100K original miles! Thank you Krause & Dodge- Chrysler Corp.

Can't be it for the buck.
By Frostyman on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have had this car for 5-1/2 years and drove it off the showroom floor. As the salesman told me "you can't beat the package for the money and can't find the same in another make". I would say he was correct. The car has performed and required little more than routine oil changes. The computer had to be reprogrammed once because the A/C would malfunction but that was done two years ago and its been fine. The only other item for repair was a speed sensor that affected the transmission shifting. These have been the only "repair" issues on this car period. I cannot say enough good things about it.

dodgeintrepid
By parkway77 on 01/22/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have had this Intrepid for Seven years. No real major problems with it at 79,0000 miles. Have had to replace the turn signal unit and a starter, besides that it has been regular maintenance. I would predcer the EX model as it has a little more power.

1997 Dodge Intrepid
By St Alex on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This vehicle has been an excellent value. The leather seats have held up well for seven yrs. and the sound system has been incredible.

Watch out for the Fuel Rail
By Ken Swartfager on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

We have enjoyed our 1997 used car Intrepid very much.But after about two years we noticed there was a problem we had to fill it up every week.! There seemed to be a fuel leek. We brought it to our Mech. after working on it for two days,he called the Dodge Dealer, they admitted there was a national recall on the"Fuel Rail" as they are having a problems. They fixed it w/no charge. We had never recieved any notice of such a problem. Our mechanic said it could have caught on fire and was very dangerous to drive. Its fine now, although we dont get the mialage we did before, but we still love our car. Havnt had any other magor problems than that, so we feel lucky.

Comfotable car
By Tim Pelke on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

It is a nice sports luxury model sedan to drive near or far distances. Very comfortable. Doesnt waste fuel fast at all. recomend it to a smaller family.

A decent car
By vandentp on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I put over 65000 miles on my Intrepid, it currently has 114k. I have been very pleased with it. It has had minor repairs but nothing that made it undrivable. I kept up the scheduled maintenance and the car has been reliable. It still has lots of power, gets good gas mileage, and doesn't use oil. The AC went out at about 80k, but I recharge it myself every two weeks (cost $10) to keep it cold. No big deal.

Excellent Car
By LauraB on 06/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have had my car since it was brand new. I had to replace the master cylinder and alternator last year (year five), but aside from that it's been a dream car.