Used 1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Used car
By silkynjoe

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Not real happy right now with car problems two issues so far less than month. I love the style. Or should I say the teens in neighborhood love it. Already real nervous. Have learned a lot of people have problems with bushing going out right away.$200 total for parts only. Water pump already going out. Would love manual. Oil came up to over flow already that makes me nervous. Used 4ways first time made blinkers stop working. Found out bad wire on battery so its fixed. Would I buy another one. Don't know too many people complaining already never ckd out details before buying

shifter on floor, shifts easy drives great..have sun roof moon roof which i truly love, tinted windows

better bushing system, don't like cup holders location or style..design never changes but cup style does..makes no sense. headlamps not very bright

The ES!
By zinger69

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 5 years now. It had 50,000 miles on it when I bought it. It now has over 150,000 miles on it as of today. I have had to replace a few things here and there, radiator, thermostat, ball joints, but the exterior and interior are still in great shape and the engine is still purring. I will drive it till it dies.

Fog Lamps Keyless entry

Extra center hub caps!! I lose those things all the time.

Amazing Intrepid
By Amazing Car

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 8 years, I have 184,000 miles on it, general maintenance kept it in great shape. My wife had a couple fender benders, still runs like a champ. I would recommend this car to anyone. I had the cloth taken out and leather installed. I still get about 22 mpg around town, and it is as classy as anything new I have driven, and it can still jump off the line.

Stereo, dual front elect seats, 3.5L engine rocks!

Visor clips - I have to replace one about every 6 months - what a pain, otherwise I love it!

The best car I have ever owned!
By KATRINA

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my car 3 years ago and it has been excellent. No problems at all. My car is the sport addition with the slap shifter, which is rare. It only had one owner prior to my buying and it only had 57,000 miles on it. I have never been stranded. It has never let me down. I have made several trips to Texas. A 600 round trip. The best car I would recommend it to anyone.

My favorite thing about the car is how comfortable it is to ride in. Great for long distance trips.

Great car
By harrison

1997 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 34,000 miles it now has 184,000 and still running fine. I have never had any major repairs. My car gets 32 mpg on the highway. Wish they still made Intrepids, I would buy another one.

Huge trunk, great acceleration