1997 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Used car
By silkynjoe on 08/14/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Not real happy right now with car problems two issues so far less than month. I love the style. Or should I say the teens in neighborhood love it. Already real nervous. Have learned a lot of people have problems with bushing going out right away.$200 total for parts only. Water pump already going out. Would love manual. Oil came up to over flow already that makes me nervous. Used 4ways first time made blinkers stop working. Found out bad wire on battery so its fixed. Would I buy another one. Don't know too many people complaining already never ckd out details before buying

The ES!
By zinger69 on 06/15/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 5 years now. It had 50,000 miles on it when I bought it. It now has over 150,000 miles on it as of today. I have had to replace a few things here and there, radiator, thermostat, ball joints, but the exterior and interior are still in great shape and the engine is still purring. I will drive it till it dies.

Amazing Intrepid
By Amazing Car on 05/17/08 20:45 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I have owned this car for 8 years, I have 184,000 miles on it, general maintenance kept it in great shape. My wife had a couple fender benders, still runs like a champ. I would recommend this car to anyone. I had the cloth taken out and leather installed. I still get about 22 mpg around town, and it is as classy as anything new I have driven, and it can still jump off the line.

The best car I have ever owned!
By KATRINA on 05/05/08 15:55 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my car 3 years ago and it has been excellent. No problems at all. My car is the sport addition with the slap shifter, which is rare. It only had one owner prior to my buying and it only had 57,000 miles on it. I have never been stranded. It has never let me down. I have made several trips to Texas. A 600 round trip. The best car I would recommend it to anyone.

Great car
By harrison on 10/29/07 16:14 PM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 34,000 miles it now has 184,000 and still running fine. I have never had any major repairs. My car gets 32 mpg on the highway. Wish they still made Intrepids, I would buy another one.

1997 Dodge Intrepid
By Debbie Eubank on 04/26/07 06:30 AM (PDT)

1997 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought the 1997 Intrepid for my teen. She learned to drive in this car. I felt that it was very safe for her. I bought the car from a neighbor who had kept it in the garage so the paint was in mint condition. The Intrepid has been reliable and is a very comfortable ride. It has quick acceleration and power. It is a great car for road trips and handles well. It is not economical on gas because it has a 3.5 liter engine. It definitely has the power when you need it. Have never had any major mechanical problems with the Intrepid.

My "Bessie"
By evelyn on 02/21/07 06:47 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

"Bessie" has been a great car. Through all the trials and tribulations she has been reliable and truly "intrepid."

Car
By Chris on 12/17/06 04:33 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 42,000 miles on it and I was the second owner. This car has been a pile of junk since day one. I have had all kinds of problems with it and only get about 19 mpg. It now has 104,000 miles on it and I have to get rid of it because it is making me go broke.

Unreliable
By Kendall on 11/15/06 10:38 AM (PST)

1997 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I owned the car for 3 months and in those three months it overheated, didn't start due to a computer issue, needed $700 worth of front end work (a major issue with all Intrepids according to my mechanic), needed new tires and alignment, and to top the cake, the transmission went (yet another popular issue with Intrepids). I spent another $1700 on rebuilding the engine. You tell me how my experience with the Intrepid was.

Chrysler rocks!
By newharmony7 on 11/07/06 12:42 PM (PST)

1997 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

This is the second car I have ever owned. My first was a Chrysler Concorde, and I loved that car. Figuring that the cars would be similar, and knowing that my Mom had no trouble with her Intrepid when she bought it new until the day the engine died, I knew I wanted another Concorde or an Intrepid. I find that this car has some slight electrical problems, but nothing that will stop it from running steady and strong even after sitting in campus parking all week without running. I love my Intrepid and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a car and wants one that will be decently affordable and very reliable.