1996 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Review: Probably wouldn't buy another

1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Review

Probably wouldn't buy another
By J K on

1996 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

The good things: Roomy, handles well for size, no absolutely major break downs. Perfect alignment despite crashing it. Pretty tough in crashes. Bad things: Had to replace steering rack at 66,000 miles. Has always had a very slow oil leak. Head lights dim due to excessive oxidation. Moisture in headlight housing. Does not maneuver well when parallel parking. LOTS of blind spots. Fishtails easily at speeds over 65 mph. Transmission shifts roughly sometimes. Breaks wear quickly. Has 3.3 L engine but won't due over 50 mph uphill on the freeway. Some Intrepids of various years have had major mechanic failure of the steering system. I feel the car has too much wear for the amount I drive it.

Modify body to eliminate blind spots. Use better plastic for the headlights. Make the car a little lighter.
By beatlephil
on 01/23/13 21:02 PM (PST)

It's not the year 2008 anymore folks, as I see from these comments. It's Jan. 23, 2013, and I purchased my '96 Chrysler Intrepid ES 4 dr. Sedan twelve days ago...for $450.00 Cdn. dollars. This 17 year old car has 295,000 kms, original paint, and it also passed the Emission Test required with flying colors. Everything works, even the 'keyless entry,' 'alarm,' and A/C. With the current temperature outside at -20 Celsius, and being parked in an open parking lot for two days, this vehicle 'started right up.' I've learned too, that I'm the 2nd owner!