1996 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Review: old faithful

1996 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Review

old faithful
By Lady Luck on

1996 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

We got this car off a 2 year lease return in 1998, and I'm still driving it. We have had absolutely no major problems with this car up until recently, and it's almost 13 years old, and has over 150k. Up until the car went over 100k, it was nothing but oil changes, brakes and tires for this car, plus one timing chain change. After that small stuff started to go bad I can't say anything bad about this car up until now. Accelerates nicely, is comfortable, especially for a tall girl like me. The trans is going bad now, and I'm still deciding on replacing it or getting something else. I really do love this car.

The interior of this car feels sporty, but still has a sedan feel at the same time, great pick up, FANTASTIC gas mileage for a 3.3 liter 6 cylinder engine.

plastic on the headlights gets cloudy and scratched way to easily, have found a dab of car polish temporarily fixes that issue.