1996 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Review: I Absolutely Love This Car!

1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Review

I Absolutely Love This Car!
By dwyl on

1996 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I really love this car! Bought it with only 34,000 miles on it. Handles great and gets 30 mpg on long trips. Have 180,000 miles on it now and it still runs great. Does use a bit of oil between 6,000 mile oil changes. Not enough to have to add any. (use Castrol 5/50 synthetic oil) No issues with the engine or transmission. Have had to replace the water pump twice. Smooth, comfortable ride. The window gaskets are falling off and the paint on the plastic panel behind the back doors has faded. According to records before I owned it, the steering pump was replaced twice, and the steering gear was replaced but I've had no problems. I would definitely buy another one in a heartbeat!

Style and handling. Great gas mileage for a car of its size. Comfort and roominess. Huge trunk and room for a FULL SIZED spare tire. Handling on snowy and slick roads is superb.

Cooling system - tends to overheat. Get rid of the plastic behind the rear windows. Window gaskets need to stay on better to seal out exterior noise.