1996 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Review: Excellent all-around vehicle

1996 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Review

Excellent all-around vehicle
By jbrooks on

1996 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

This car was fun to drive, looked sharp, was very dependable, and had most of the creature comforts and extras. It was roomy and could haul my entire drum set, and it could provide ample leg room and comfort for passengers in both front and back. It was also a good value as used car - you get a lot of bang for your buck when buying one of these. I got the car with just under 70,000 miles on it. Repairs were minimal up until the car started getting over 100,000 miles on it. When I sold it, it had 120,000 miles on it and was still running like the day when I bought it.

The 3.5L 214HP engine was my favorite feature. When you stomped on the pedal, that car would give a satisfying growl as the engine revved. It was very responsive despite the size. I also loved the air conditioner - it blew ice cubes - best one I've ever seen.

My biggest complaints were a slightly mushy ride (it bounced a little more than I would have liked). When you had a drink in the driver's cupholder, it blocked your hand somewhat from taking it's natural route to reach the shifter on the floor console.