1995 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Lemon
By Kelly on 03/17/06 14:26 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

As soon as I got it, the transmission started to slip. I had to replace that once it just wouldn't go anymore. Then, there was a consistent problem with tie rods and wheel bearings. I've replaced them three times. It's unreal. They are bad again, and now there's a fuel leak, but I'm just going to drive it until I can't anymore. That car's almost ready to be put to rest though, it has around 150,000 miles now. The transmission is also starting to slip again. At times I just hated this car, but then again, I loved it. It's very nice and roomy, and for the most part, reliable. It always started fine, my only problems were transmission, and those stupid tie rods.

Pretty Good Car
By Shane on 10/06/05 12:25 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I have known owned it for a year and a half, bought with 77000miles, transmission stop shifting at 78000 miles, and it was replaced with a used one what a mistake that was. Shifts good most of the time, leaks fluid, shifts hard when fluid is full. The 3.5 gets about 16MPG in the city, and 27 on the highway. Good car over all, except the transmission.

Love my orchid
By Orchid on 09/19/05 19:57 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

This car, once it had a new transmission that matched the engine, there have been no problems. I love this car. It is a dream to drive and at almost 11 years old still gets 20 mph in the city and while driving on long hauls at 75 -80 gets an unbelieveable 28-30 mph. with a truck full of luggage. Too bad they do not make cars with seats this comfortable these days. They are wide and gently curved with tremendous back support. This is especially good if you have sciatic nerve or back problems.

ehhh
By evie on 07/18/05 22:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with about 90,000 from my Aunt and Uncle who always kept up with the maintenance on this car and had no problems, because the problems were waiting for me. I have had the vehicle for 3 years and I replaced the struts (which my aunt and uncle had already done), brakes, rotors, tie rods, water pump, hood hydraulics just don't work, serpentine belt 3 times and the tensioner pulley. And then there is the AC, the vents up by my windshield blew out that hottest heat ever all the time full blast and would not stop! Of course I couldn't afford to fix it right away so I just had to drive around all sweaty until I shelled out $750.

The good outweigh the bad
By ghbatb on 11/08/04 12:55 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Intrepid about 3 years ago with 65,000 miles and have been pretty satisfied. I now have 112,000 and have had to replace fuel pump and tie end rods but pretty much normal maintenance things. Lots of power and comfort, good ride. AC still works great and electric windows as well with no problems. The only thing I have not been happy with is the rubber around windows keep popping off, the paint on top (clear coat) is peeling and looks tacky, and the hood will not stay up.Also problems with headlight lenses condensating. Otherwise been happy with.Plan on purchasing a newer model, but still want to keep this one for husband.

Looks Flashy...but the Powertrain Isnt
By Flyingcessnas on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car a little over 7 months ago. The first 2 months with it were great, however then things started to fall apart. In the last 8,000 miles, the transmission, water- pump, A/C, keyless entry module, shocks and tie rods went out. I have never had a car fall apart so fast on me. And the sad thing is, I actually take my car in for rutine maintenance. You would never guess. So if your going to buy this car used MAKE SURE you have a mechanic check it out and run a scan tool on the engine and transmission, otherwise you might end up screwed just like I have been. This really isnt the best car to buy used.

Good car gone bad.
By MichelleRo on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car from my dad, who had bought the car brand new. He had problems with the water pump and air conditioning right from the get-go. Nine years later- the car has had five water pumps replaced, a new timing belt two times.. and now there is water leaking into my head gasket and the sway bar needs to be replaced. The car overall the last five years has turned into a piece of junk.

Good, Reliable Vehicle
By jilliebean on 05/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

We have had few problems with our Intrepid in the five years we've owned it. However, it does seem to chew through brakes. Maybe because it's such a big, heavy vehicle? We've seated six passengers comfortably in this vehicle. It handles like a smaller car but is roomy and very comfortable. Highly recommend it. We'll likely trade it in for a newer Intrepid.

Cool Car
By Jimsandros on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new it now has 170,000 miles, it still drives and feels like a new car, the 3.5 liter engine is great, and i average over 22 mpg, living in New York City.

I Love This Car
By wootfepp on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

This is an excellent car, lots of power and comfort, very reliable too mine has 137000 miles on it and it's still kickin' hard