1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Best car I've ever owned
By sjkearney on 09/05/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1997 used with 19,000 miles and it's still running strong at 160,000. I've never even changed the transmission fluid! The engine is still strong and has never had any mechanical issues except normal wear and tear. In fact, it still has the original exhaust system! I wish they never stopped making them. Unfortunately it's time to retire the old girl. I'm selling to my niece.

Lemon
By Kelly on 03/17/06 14:26 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

As soon as I got it, the transmission started to slip. I had to replace that once it just wouldn't go anymore. Then, there was a consistent problem with tie rods and wheel bearings. I've replaced them three times. It's unreal. They are bad again, and now there's a fuel leak, but I'm just going to drive it until I can't anymore. That car's almost ready to be put to rest though, it has around 150,000 miles now. The transmission is also starting to slip again. At times I just hated this car, but then again, I loved it. It's very nice and roomy, and for the most part, reliable. It always started fine, my only problems were transmission, and those stupid tie rods.

ehhh
By evie on 07/18/05 22:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with about 90,000 from my Aunt and Uncle who always kept up with the maintenance on this car and had no problems, because the problems were waiting for me. I have had the vehicle for 3 years and I replaced the struts (which my aunt and uncle had already done), brakes, rotors, tie rods, water pump, hood hydraulics just don't work, serpentine belt 3 times and the tensioner pulley. And then there is the AC, the vents up by my windshield blew out that hottest heat ever all the time full blast and would not stop! Of course I couldn't afford to fix it right away so I just had to drive around all sweaty until I shelled out $750.

The good outweigh the bad
By ghbatb on 11/08/04 12:55 PM (PST)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Intrepid about 3 years ago with 65,000 miles and have been pretty satisfied. I now have 112,000 and have had to replace fuel pump and tie end rods but pretty much normal maintenance things. Lots of power and comfort, good ride. AC still works great and electric windows as well with no problems. The only thing I have not been happy with is the rubber around windows keep popping off, the paint on top (clear coat) is peeling and looks tacky, and the hood will not stay up.Also problems with headlight lenses condensating. Otherwise been happy with.Plan on purchasing a newer model, but still want to keep this one for husband.

Looks Flashy...but the Powertrain Isnt
By Flyingcessnas on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car a little over 7 months ago. The first 2 months with it were great, however then things started to fall apart. In the last 8,000 miles, the transmission, water- pump, A/C, keyless entry module, shocks and tie rods went out. I have never had a car fall apart so fast on me. And the sad thing is, I actually take my car in for rutine maintenance. You would never guess. So if your going to buy this car used MAKE SURE you have a mechanic check it out and run a scan tool on the engine and transmission, otherwise you might end up screwed just like I have been. This really isnt the best car to buy used.

Cool Car
By Jimsandros on 01/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car new it now has 170,000 miles, it still drives and feels like a new car, the 3.5 liter engine is great, and i average over 22 mpg, living in New York City.

LOVE THE CAR HATE THE PROBLEMS
By TRIMM on 08/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Great car, love to ride, it's my favorite car next to my shelby. a few problems, tie rods, water pump, 3 trans (2 under warranty), rack and pinion, airconditioning has gone out twice, chrystler's cheap paint, the hood does not stay up, and shocks are bad. nice power and handling though, preparing to take the car apart and rebuild.

Great Car
By amyeco on 07/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I love this car. It is awesome. It handles well and goes fast.

1995 intrepid
By kencpfs on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Runs good, plenty of power. Repeated transmission problems, Repeated Air conditioning problems, Repeated Steering assembly problems, Continual problems with the stereo/CD player

Back to Pontiac
By 1Stewart20 on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used (46,000 miles) with the hopes that I could go to 100,000 miles with the average maintainance repairs. Boy, was I in for a suprise. The first 1000 miles I drove were good. Then I had a 2 trans problem at 48,000 miles. Followed by a busted tie rod, which was immediately followed by a shock housing problem. Another trans problem, air conditioning problem, heating/blower problem, and now wiper motor is broke... all around 75,000 miles. H20 pump is now going to be the next victim. I have gone through enuf belts to wrap around a city block. I now am going to search out a reliable Pontiac.