Used 1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Terribly Engineered Vehicle
By msgolds

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I picked up this vehicle used for a good price. It initially didn't have many problems, but after a while I had a MAJOR problem with the electrical system where the airbag light will come on, the windows won't go up or down, and the heat a/c won't come on. This usually happened when it was hot out (which is precisely when you need the windows to go down and A/C on). I found out later that this was a common problem in this model, because all of these features are in a single circuit on the modular control unit. The cost to fix the problem is higher than the Book Value of the car, bc you need to change out the whole unit. Don't buy this car.

Favorite Features

Very cheap car, the motor lasts for a long time.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the MCU issue. A bit too late for that now.

Still Runnung strong
By Anonymous

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Got this car in 2000 used with 70,000 miles on it have done regular maintenance oil change lube job etc, in 2003 serpentine belt broke, 2005 transmission replaced 2009 water pump gone replaced, after all that the car is very good strong ride comfortable and now going into 150000 miles the car is still pulling strong.

Favorite Features

the roomy interior powerful engine

Suggested Improvements

make better transmissions, check out the air conditioning

I LOVE MY DODGES! :}
By Tara J

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought in immidate need of a car after my caravan was totaled didn't have much info barely looked it over and honestly hated it. My radio/clock didn't work, bad AC,wipers just never were enough even new, had to replace brake lines, now brake pads and forever adding oil. Horn stopped working, and highlights weren't bright though bulbs were good. I barely got 17mpg in town, as much as I hated and didn't keep up manitence it was still A TANK! It got me where I needed to go and is still running strong with all that needs working on at 166000+ miles. I will miss the size, just bought a neon, but otherwise won't miss the car. Needs alot of manitence so much I just couldn't keep up. owned 18 months

Favorite Features

Lots of room.

Solid car, good value for the money
By Wayne

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought it used with 40,000 miles, now has 150,000. 3.5 liter engine. The water pump and timing belt needs replacement every 70,000 or so. Tie rod ends last about 5 years. It's a solid car, nothing fancy in terms of creature comforts, but dependable. I keep track of repair costs and it averages about 1.2 cents per mile driven, much better than 2.4 and 2.8 for my two Bonnevilles. It needs to warm up a while before driving in our cold winters. Daughter has it at college, and still is dependable.

Favorite Features

Dependablity. Good gas mileage (28 on highway) Lots of power.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge designed a fairly solid car, so none by me.

Love My Intrepid
By dsuden

1995 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Ok, it's not perfect. It has the same tie-rod issues everybody seems to have. But I presently have 268,000 miles on mine, and it still runs like a top. Extremely nice handling, very comfortable ride, reliable, original engine. AC has been out for years, and it's starting to show a little rust on the doors, and sure, I replace a part here and there over time, but I can't kick. It still feels like a luxury car, and I still love the design of it, inside and out.

Favorite Features

Smooth handling, smooth running car.

Suggested Improvements

Tie rods are a real weak spot.