Used 1995 Dodge Intrepid ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

Best car I've ever owned
By sjkearney

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought the car in 1997 used with 19,000 miles and it's still running strong at 160,000. I've never even changed the transmission fluid! The engine is still strong and has never had any mechanical issues except normal wear and tear. In fact, it still has the original exhaust system! I wish they never stopped making them. Unfortunately it's time to retire the old girl. I'm selling to my niece.

Interior design, sporty looks

Higher headrests, better position for horn.

Lemon
By Kelly

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

As soon as I got it, the transmission started to slip. I had to replace that once it just wouldn't go anymore. Then, there was a consistent problem with tie rods and wheel bearings. I've replaced them three times. It's unreal. They are bad again, and now there's a fuel leak, but I'm just going to drive it until I can't anymore. That car's almost ready to be put to rest though, it has around 150,000 miles now. The transmission is also starting to slip again. At times I just hated this car, but then again, I loved it. It's very nice and roomy, and for the most part, reliable. It always started fine, my only problems were transmission, and those stupid tie rods.

It has a lot of power and VERY roomy interior. Comfortable seating.

Faulty transmissions and tie rods.

ehhh
By evie

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle with about 90,000 from my Aunt and Uncle who always kept up with the maintenance on this car and had no problems, because the problems were waiting for me. I have had the vehicle for 3 years and I replaced the struts (which my aunt and uncle had already done), brakes, rotors, tie rods, water pump, hood hydraulics just don't work, serpentine belt 3 times and the tensioner pulley. And then there is the AC, the vents up by my windshield blew out that hottest heat ever all the time full blast and would not stop! Of course I couldn't afford to fix it right away so I just had to drive around all sweaty until I shelled out $750.

Even through all the problems I still absolutely love this car. The power and the special features like the display of the temperature outside and what direction your are going.

New mechanical everything

The good outweigh the bad
By ghbatb

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Intrepid about 3 years ago with 65,000 miles and have been pretty satisfied. I now have 112,000 and have had to replace fuel pump and tie end rods but pretty much normal maintenance things. Lots of power and comfort, good ride. AC still works great and electric windows as well with no problems. The only thing I have not been happy with is the rubber around windows keep popping off, the paint on top (clear coat) is peeling and looks tacky, and the hood will not stay up.Also problems with headlight lenses condensating. Otherwise been happy with.Plan on purchasing a newer model, but still want to keep this one for husband.

Roomy, great ride, comfort, power. Nice sporty design for a larger vehicle.

Paint, rubber around doors, better hydraulics for hood.

Looks Flashy...but the Powertrain Isnt
By Flyingcessnas

1995 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car a little over 7 months ago. The first 2 months with it were great, however then things started to fall apart. In the last 8,000 miles, the transmission, water- pump, A/C, keyless entry module, shocks and tie rods went out. I have never had a car fall apart so fast on me. And the sad thing is, I actually take my car in for rutine maintenance. You would never guess. So if your going to buy this car used MAKE SURE you have a mechanic check it out and run a scan tool on the engine and transmission, otherwise you might end up screwed just like I have been. This really isnt the best car to buy used.

I love the inside, I have the fully equipped ES model with leather and power everything. If the car was rated on just that, it would get a great rating, I love the inside of it, just not whats under the hood.

TRANSMISSION, shocks, air conditioning, ok, there are too many to list, perhaps just make things work in the car a little longer than 75,000 miles.