Used 1994 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Dodge Transmissions STINK
By bobbbbbb on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Love the car but the transmission is horrible. Went out and has never been the same.

Don't Buy it
By KEH on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Love(d) driving this car but it is putting me in debt with the expensive repairs. Air conditioning went at around 75k, transmission went at 78k and cost me $2,000 to repair, paints chipping, logo's falling off, water pump went, suspension is shot, alternator went, road noise is terrible, and the heating/air makes an irritating buzzing noise everytime I start the car. I am finally going to put it to rest since my transmission has again died. It's a beautiful car and rides nice(when it rides), but unreliable at best.

Love it!!!!
By Carol Ann on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Even though I bought a 2000 Intrepid, I still love to drive this one. (it is paid off) It is still reliable and I have not put much money into it.

Mash The MOFO pedal...and go ...
By Zoom Zoom on 06/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

This car in the 10 years since introduction.. has become the vehicle of choice for cabbies.....whats that say?. I'll tell ya...Roomy inside..lots of trunk space..starts ..runs...handles... (in the snow and rain ..even) ..and..oh yeah .. Mash the MOFO'ing GO pedal ..and the beast goes..(crushing any cute little honda\toyota\mazda\tofu eating v4 car you'd care to name).... All the fun stops/runs out/becomes a little spooky.. around 112/118 mph on the stock set up ..depending on the condition of the car. Staying on top of the recalls is/was mandatory..all work done on mine was under warranty ..currently 100,000 miles..with all recall work done...runs great

Has exceptional Reliability
By Bandit400 on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

This car has great performance for a large car. Handling is crisp and steady. Fuel economy is average but could be better. Just fun to drive and has sleak body styling.

Decent Car
By manforallseasons on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Purchased new in 94, have put over 110,000 miles and still running well. Only major problems: (a) 3 evaporator coil failings in first 5 years - however, dodge/dealer handled these well (at no charge) and have not had the problem in last 4 years; and (b) major PCM (main computer) problem that dealer repaired without charge despite being beyond warranty. Engine and tranny have been great - key is to service tranny on schedule at mopar dealer. Even after 9 years, still get compliments on how good the car looks.

Intrepid
By pollard on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

this car is comfortable, rides good and gets good gas milabe but has a lot of road noise and is exreamly undependable.

killmedodge
By kilo ustane on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I was in a 45 m.p.h. wreck head on(not my fault), and neither of my airbags came out. Luckily neither me or my passenger were injured. But whats up with that, im lucky I wasn't killed. Wait until I prove the original airbag is still in there, and I already have a copy of the police report. My lawyer will eat that up Dodge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not if it was the last car on earth!
By whydidibuydodge on 10/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I purchased new from the dealer lot. The air conditioner has never worked from the first day. I've had it back to different dealers every summer since and no one can find out what's wrong with it. Had transmission problems after the first year and at 45,000 was told that I needed a new one. Starter died the third year. Fixed with after- market parts. Every time I brought the car in for service, something else came back broke. Brought it in for a broken headlight, hood release came back broke. Brought it in for brakes, passenger window wouldn't go down. Brought it in for air conditioner (again and again), low-fuel light won't go off.

Rebuild in progress...
By Billl on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Off to a bad start with transmission replacments. We love the car. 30mpg on hwy. 207,000 currently. We now have this car dealer serviced. It's paid for;has good trans. now, new steering rack.Headlight design dreadful-replaced with newly designed ($$$). Maintain this car like you should any car and you WILL get 250000+ miles out of it.NOTE: Mopar parts are best for this car. Go the cheap route and you'll regret it - but there is nothing wrong with that. Dealer knows the car intimately (gave us some free svc at 200K.