Used 1994 Dodge Intrepid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

1994 Dodge Intrepid

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

So far, so good
By DM

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Bought this car off a mechanic's lot with 96,000 mi. for $1,900. After owning it for two weeks, the "anti-theft system" (which in this case causes the steering wheel to lock up unless the [proper] key is inserted into the ignition) went ahead and locked up the steering wheel even though I was indeed trying to start the car with it's own key. Had to take the car back to the mechanic, who removed the "anti-theft system" for about $300. My faith being shaken, I began to prepare for the worst, but (so far) the car has given me no problems since. I find acceleration with the 3.3 to be sluggish, although the car does handle well for its size.

Favorite Features

Front end styling, very spacious interior, handling, cool black on white gauges.

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration is lacking with the 3.3, headlights seem a little dim, ridiculously plinky steering wheel. (Though this can be remedied with the addition of a nice steering wheel cover.)

This car is very versatile
By Red's Trep

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

My mother originally bought the car in 01/98 for $7300 from a guy in Chicago. Top of the line stuff was added its whole life. I got the car in 06/99 as a gift. The car had 120,000 miles on it. Now as of 04/06, 288,350 miles on original engine and tranny. Body is rough due to the people I trusted. Rust is minium considering it was from Indiana. Overall, wonderful car

Favorite Features

The 3.3L. already torquey and powerful, I added a K&N air filter in 02/05 and a Magnaflow Catalytic Converter 04/05, which boosted it 30 HP. It has 91-93 (premium unleaded) ran in it its whole life from new.

Fun Full size car.
By Brian M. Genthner

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

My '94 Dodge Intrepid is fun to drive and comfortable. I've owned it for two years and the only problems I've had was that the drums stick or a spring in the drum brakes breaks but I like the disc. It hugs the road very well. It has 164,000 miles and it still runs good plus its 3.3L is easier to work on than the 3.5L the my father has in his 1993 Eagle Vision the he has had cooling problems with. If you want a good car that will be there and that is good in snow, get an Intrepid.

Favorite Features

Style of the outside, and power.

Suggested Improvements

Discs all the way a round for the regular package. Possible a Hemi and a transmission that could handle the power but still keeping the front-wheel-drive.

Love my 94 Intrepid
By Suzette Gregory

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought my 94 Intrepid new, have had it 11 yrs. I've kept it properly maintained, with tune ups, etc. When mileage became higher, I routinely had the oil changed with a new oil filter every 3,000 miles. I have purchased new tires 3 times, had some transmission and air conditioning work done about 3 different times. Considering the car currently has 121,000 miles, maintainence does not seem unreasonable over an 11 year period. I still drive around town, and on the freeway in southern California. I've had 6ft plus rear seat passengers amazed at the room and comfort. I plan to sell soon, and was surprised at the unhappiness I read from other owners.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, "hugs" the road and for being a large, heavy car, got surprisingly good mileage over the years.

Suggested Improvements

A little softer ride.

Above average
By paul

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

We bought this car a year ago and fell in love with it. It's roomy and fun to drive. Had a few minor repairs but what do you expect with 128,000 miles? Overall not the best car I've ever had but I would not be afraid to buy another one

Favorite Features

The stance of the car from the front and how fun it is to drive

Suggested Improvements

Could be a little more mechanic friendly