1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
And keeps on going...
By oxy on 06/13/12 19:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 base in 1998 with 87,000 km on it. The car now has 485,000 km. The a/c still works and so does pretty much everything else. There is a short in the rear defogger. I had a tranny problem in 2002 and had it rebuilt for $2,500. Still works great. Only thing I don't like is the lack of head room and I'm only 6 feet and not the best mileage. Looking for a small 4 cyl but intend to keep the Intrepid. Oh, never had to change the exhaust system and I never get stuck in the snow and I only use all-season tires. Rear springs done about 2 years ago.

The plan was good.
By sprog on 02/10/11 22:25 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Started having quite a few problems with it after about 100k miles - A/C would only work at certain times (never could figure it out), as well as quite a few other things. Poor paint job - it was actually tan, but would show up sort of purple at night. Kind of neat, but it started flaking off. Had cooling problems with it as well.

It just won't die!
By Tim K. on 05/25/09 23:02 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this in 2000 with just over 100K on it. Only external flaws were light hail damage and faded paint where a cell phone antenna used to be. Eventually, the faded spot spread from the elements, but no lower body rust at all. Living in Minnesota with the ice and salt on roads in winter, it's held up well. I've put mostly short trips on it, and it always starts and runs, except once. Battery was old and died. Only had that replaced, one water pump and one starter in 9 years. Tires of course. For having been over 100K when I bought it, 9 years of driving and only put that much into it is great! Idle is rough sometimes now, so may need to have it looked at, but can't complain.

One happy Intrepid owner
By W. Coffey on 03/10/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

very roomy,great mileage,good ride,great highway control,good performance,great visability in traffic,its just been a great allaround automobile.

Best purchase ever made!
By Susan Patnode on 06/01/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 1996 with 36,000. Purchased extended warranty. Had transmission issue in '98, covered 100% by warranty! Have had no other issues! Never had a day when the car didn't start (gets cold here in winter) When I purchased needed reliable car..single mom 3 kids. My youngest were 5. They are now 16 and learning to drive. Guess what they're driving? The intrepid! 175000 miles, a year in storage, and still going strong!

1994 Intrepid
By Jeff on 11/06/06 20:12 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

My Intrepid has 319,000km or 198,000 miles on the original drive train. Does not use oil between changes and still averages 10 litres /100km or almost 30mpg. Easy to work on and the dealer has been very helpful with the few problems encountered. Original owner.

The new Dodge, same old same old
By James on 10/07/06 22:16 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an individual. I paid just $500. I found the acceleration with the 3.3 to be more than ample. The drivetrain is good for the engine, and shifted smooth. Even though the car has never left me stranded, I have poured quite the sum of money into it. When I bought it, it needed brakes. That's maintanence. After driving it for a month, the inner and outer tie rod ends on the driver's side are going bad. Map, and O2 sensors went bad. The rear transmission mount is broke. The downshift linkage in the transmission is sticking. Dodge did a horrible job on fit and finish. Same old Same old.

So far, so good
By DM on 08/05/06 17:21 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

Bought this car off a mechanic's lot with 96,000 mi. for $1,900. After owning it for two weeks, the "anti-theft system" (which in this case causes the steering wheel to lock up unless the [proper] key is inserted into the ignition) went ahead and locked up the steering wheel even though I was indeed trying to start the car with it's own key. Had to take the car back to the mechanic, who removed the "anti-theft system" for about $300. My faith being shaken, I began to prepare for the worst, but (so far) the car has given me no problems since. I find acceleration with the 3.3 to be sluggish, although the car does handle well for its size.

This car is very versatile
By Red's Trep on 04/17/06 16:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

My mother originally bought the car in 01/98 for $7300 from a guy in Chicago. Top of the line stuff was added its whole life. I got the car in 06/99 as a gift. The car had 120,000 miles on it. Now as of 04/06, 288,350 miles on original engine and tranny. Body is rough due to the people I trusted. Rust is minium considering it was from Indiana. Overall, wonderful car

Fun Full size car.
By Brian M. Genthner on 08/14/05 19:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

My '94 Dodge Intrepid is fun to drive and comfortable. I've owned it for two years and the only problems I've had was that the drums stick or a spring in the drum brakes breaks but I like the disc. It hugs the road very well. It has 164,000 miles and it still runs good plus its 3.3L is easier to work on than the 3.5L the my father has in his 1993 Eagle Vision the he has had cooling problems with. If you want a good car that will be there and that is good in snow, get an Intrepid.