1994 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
Got what I paid for
By ibakan on 07/08/10 02:27 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this in July, 08 with 80K miles because it was seemed to be a good value. The climate control unit had some glitches I soon discovered and soon stopped working. Had a couple mechanics do some diagnosis and we've not come up with answers except it's not the control head, min. $200 for a good diagnosis and at least another $150 to fix. I was doing a lot of mountain driving at the time, so when my water pump failed it quickly overheated and developed a head gasket leak, est. repair cost is $500 - $1500. Starter is failing now too, so it's time for my clean, good looking 95K mile Intrepid to be turned in because the cost to repair it all is higher than the value of the car.

REGRET BUYING IT
By nam on 09/22/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a old guy. It looked Nice. The owner saTransmission, engine, everything under hood, and gas mileage id its good works fine. My dad said don't buy it. 2 months later my transmission broke. 10 days later my engine stopped working and my reverse never stopped. Every 10 days it was with my mechanic. Now the check engine light is always on. It runs like a piece of junk. I tried clunking it but wasn't excepted. Don't buy it

Generally good
By Alaskan on 04/26/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Our Intrepid has generally been reliable and fun. Pretty roomy. We live in the far north and yet, it has done well so far. I wish its electronics were more reliable and its headlights proper.

Above average
By paul on 01/28/05 19:24 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

We bought this car a year ago and fell in love with it. It's roomy and fun to drive. Had a few minor repairs but what do you expect with 128,000 miles? Overall not the best car I've ever had but I would not be afraid to buy another one

BIGGEST mistake of my life!
By MDS2004tg on 10/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

A truely awfule car. Bought the car at 72,000 miles. In 30,000 miles I had to have the following replaced or rebuilt: Engine, transmition-twice, starter- three times, cam berrings, inner tie rods-twice, AC-three times. Paint is peeling and the gas mileage is terrible. Instead of having a car free of worry, I drove around with a sick fear of what was going to happen next. I will never, never, never buy a Dodge again. Kelly Blue Book value of my '94 Dodge Intrepid? $223. Horrible

I think you all drove my car
By Intrepid John on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Transmission cooling problem around 60000 miles, most of the a/c has been replaced (half in extended warranty), a/c still doesn't work. lots of brake replacements, lots of headlight replacements. Think Dodge supplement their income with selling necc. parts. Funny rattle in steering took a while to find. Currently at 125,000. Suprised I had to replace rear engine mount and outer tie-rod ends. But car is still going strong. I've had it since 1998 (& 50000 miles), with really no major problems since then, plenty of minor. Definately had to be a home-mechanic with this car. Selling garage had to put new shocks on at 50000 miles.

Hunk of Junk
By Gary123 on 06/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Do not buy this car. I owned it for three years and had nothing but trouble. I replaced everything at least once. Finally, I gave up and bought a small economy car...better idea.

Great car except for transmission
By homeowner-commuter on 03/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Bought car new for my wife's 25th aniversary. Loaded, really a nice car, right up to when the transmission came unglued at just under 55K. Dodge wouldn't touch it as the warrenty had expired. Dealer said it would cost about $3K to fix and take 4-6 weeks. Too many plastic parts (to save weight?) Basically, I traded it in on a new Ford for what I still owed on it.

never buy a dodge again
By no more dodges on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

driven under 4000 a year and tranny went after 2600 miles (lucky it was covered under warranty) air conditioner went bad every year for 4 years (documented by dealer themselves, again,lucky for warranty) because of extended waranty they finally fixed it and they admitted they still weren't sure how. paint chipping since day 1.MY WIFE LIKED THE WAY IT LOOKED AND WE BOUGHT IT. ONE OF THE WORST MISTAKES I EVER MADE, STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHY I LISTENED TO HER.

Dodge Transmissions STINK
By bobbbbbb on 01/26/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Love the car but the transmission is horrible. Went out and has never been the same.