1994 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
And keeps on going...
By oxy on 06/13/12 19:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 base in 1998 with 87,000 km on it. The car now has 485,000 km. The a/c still works and so does pretty much everything else. There is a short in the rear defogger. I had a tranny problem in 2002 and had it rebuilt for $2,500. Still works great. Only thing I don't like is the lack of head room and I'm only 6 feet and not the best mileage. Looking for a small 4 cyl but intend to keep the Intrepid. Oh, never had to change the exhaust system and I never get stuck in the snow and I only use all-season tires. Rear springs done about 2 years ago.

The plan was good.
By sprog on 02/10/11 22:25 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Started having quite a few problems with it after about 100k miles - A/C would only work at certain times (never could figure it out), as well as quite a few other things. Poor paint job - it was actually tan, but would show up sort of purple at night. Kind of neat, but it started flaking off. Had cooling problems with it as well.

Got what I paid for
By ibakan on 07/08/10 02:27 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this in July, 08 with 80K miles because it was seemed to be a good value. The climate control unit had some glitches I soon discovered and soon stopped working. Had a couple mechanics do some diagnosis and we've not come up with answers except it's not the control head, min. $200 for a good diagnosis and at least another $150 to fix. I was doing a lot of mountain driving at the time, so when my water pump failed it quickly overheated and developed a head gasket leak, est. repair cost is $500 - $1500. Starter is failing now too, so it's time for my clean, good looking 95K mile Intrepid to be turned in because the cost to repair it all is higher than the value of the car.

REGRET BUYING IT
By nam on 09/22/09 21:18 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a old guy. It looked Nice. The owner saTransmission, engine, everything under hood, and gas mileage id its good works fine. My dad said don't buy it. 2 months later my transmission broke. 10 days later my engine stopped working and my reverse never stopped. Every 10 days it was with my mechanic. Now the check engine light is always on. It runs like a piece of junk. I tried clunking it but wasn't excepted. Don't buy it

It just won't die!
By Tim K. on 05/25/09 23:02 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought this in 2000 with just over 100K on it. Only external flaws were light hail damage and faded paint where a cell phone antenna used to be. Eventually, the faded spot spread from the elements, but no lower body rust at all. Living in Minnesota with the ice and salt on roads in winter, it's held up well. I've put mostly short trips on it, and it always starts and runs, except once. Battery was old and died. Only had that replaced, one water pump and one starter in 9 years. Tires of course. For having been over 100K when I bought it, 9 years of driving and only put that much into it is great! Idle is rough sometimes now, so may need to have it looked at, but can't complain.

One happy Intrepid owner
By W. Coffey on 03/10/09 18:06 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

very roomy,great mileage,good ride,great highway control,good performance,great visability in traffic,its just been a great allaround automobile.

Generally good
By Alaskan on 04/26/08 18:11 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid ES 4dr Sedan

Our Intrepid has generally been reliable and fun. Pretty roomy. We live in the far north and yet, it has done well so far. I wish its electronics were more reliable and its headlights proper.

Best purchase ever made!
By Susan Patnode on 06/01/07 05:49 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in 1996 with 36,000. Purchased extended warranty. Had transmission issue in '98, covered 100% by warranty! Have had no other issues! Never had a day when the car didn't start (gets cold here in winter) When I purchased needed reliable car..single mom 3 kids. My youngest were 5. They are now 16 and learning to drive. Guess what they're driving? The intrepid! 175000 miles, a year in storage, and still going strong!

1994 Intrepid
By Jeff on 11/06/06 20:12 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

My Intrepid has 319,000km or 198,000 miles on the original drive train. Does not use oil between changes and still averages 10 litres /100km or almost 30mpg. Easy to work on and the dealer has been very helpful with the few problems encountered. Original owner.

The new Dodge, same old same old
By James on 10/07/06 22:16 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Intrepid 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from an individual. I paid just $500. I found the acceleration with the 3.3 to be more than ample. The drivetrain is good for the engine, and shifted smooth. Even though the car has never left me stranded, I have poured quite the sum of money into it. When I bought it, it needed brakes. That's maintanence. After driving it for a month, the inner and outer tie rod ends on the driver's side are going bad. Map, and O2 sensors went bad. The rear transmission mount is broke. The downshift linkage in the transmission is sticking. Dodge did a horrible job on fit and finish. Same old Same old.

1 2 3 4 5 next »