Used 1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Dodge Intrepid - Consumer Reviews

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:

1993 Intrepid outstanding
By Bob

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought the car because it had plenty of room compared to the Volvos I was driving. At first I was afraid that it would be unreliable as I was trading down from a Volvo. The car has never let me down. It has been one of the best three cars I have owned. Only minor repairs and just going to retire it and get a Charger. With over 150,000 miles on it the engine and transmission are strong ... it can MOVE!!! The air conditioning just lost its charge but with winter, no problem. I would buy another in a heart beat. Just change the oil as you shoiuld and it will last.

Favorite Features

INterior room and the get-up-and-go engine.

Suggested Improvements

Fold down rear seats for even greater storage.

Intrepid - not so
By Rusty_Rails

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this lemon new in 1993. Since that time it has been a continuous repair case. Computer has been replaced multiple times, fuel rail split and Dodge said that was unique to my car (I got the recall notice about three weeks later for the same thing), both power window guide on front windows have failed and needed replaced, needed valve job very early, seat fabric wore out quickly, motor / transmission mounts failed early and needed replaced, and the list goes on. I will NEVER buy any Dodge or Chrysler product again.

Favorite Features

Good rear seat leg room which is why I chose this over the Toyota Camry. Other then that nothing was satifactory in the long run.

Suggested Improvements

I can't say anything about the current Intrepids but I sure hope they went back to the drawing boards and redesigned this lemon from the ground up and actually designed "quality" into the vehicle.

Horrible mistake, pitiful car, refund!!!
By IHATEINTREPIDS

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I HATE this car! Tranny went twice, oil block cracked, brake master cylinder failed, A/C went twice, struts, power steering replace, radio replace, driver's seat won't move, all fuel injectors replaced 3 times, fuel rail, 2 major electrical problems (headlights and tailights wouldn't work), door seals let rain, air in, all windows would fog up in winter and freeze over, constantly needed realigning, new brakes after 10,000 miles, routers reground 6 times, etc. Rarely went one month without spending over $100 to fix something, around $10K total in 5 years. Dodge should be ashamed they ever made this car. I will never consider buying a Dodge again.

Favorite Features

Windsheild wipers ran whenever I changed the speed. Exterior.

Suggested Improvements

SCRAP THE WHOLE SERIES! This car is JUNK!! Everything on this car has been replaced except for the engine and radiator. Horrible, terrible, pathetic design/workmanship. The car isn't worth the gas in it, never was.

Just Intreppin'
By Insane~Mayhem

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in Feb. with 141,000 miles on it. Good price on the car and I have been wanting the Intrepid for a long time and this is my starter Intrepid next will be the SXT model but this car is great, A/C pulley bearing needs replacement and a couple of side panels need to be replaced also but otherwise Intrepids should be on the top of list for family size sedan cars, you cannot beat the price even on the brand new models!!!

Favorite Features

Interior room and design, power (3.3 V6 153hp) can get up and go so just imagine the 3.5 model, design and just over all look.

Suggested Improvements

A/C componets, less bump in shifting, better panels on exterior, better installment on headlights and corner lights.

Comments on 151,000-mile-old Intrepid
By davem

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Car is roomy and very comfortable inside. Much better made than the equivalent Ford Taurus. We changed oil every 3,000 miles. Motor ran beautifully until the end. We had mechanical repairs, but never a breakdown. AC worked great until 146,000 when AC/heat controls gave out at about 146,000 and blasted out heat from defroster summer and winter until I had it disconnected. Emergency brake also gave out and about 146,000 car no longer shifted into 4th gear, dropping top mileage down to 15 mpg highway. We liked this Intrepid so much we bought another in 2000 and kept the old one. Both are beautifully designed roomy cars, very well made for the price.

Favorite Features

Interior size is large--can fit 4 people in the back for short hauls.