1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Intrepid model:
1993 Intrepid outstanding
By Bob on 12/22/05 18:18 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought the car because it had plenty of room compared to the Volvos I was driving. At first I was afraid that it would be unreliable as I was trading down from a Volvo. The car has never let me down. It has been one of the best three cars I have owned. Only minor repairs and just going to retire it and get a Charger. With over 150,000 miles on it the engine and transmission are strong ... it can MOVE!!! The air conditioning just lost its charge but with winter, no problem. I would buy another in a heart beat. Just change the oil as you shoiuld and it will last.

Intrepid - not so
By Rusty_Rails on 06/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this lemon new in 1993. Since that time it has been a continuous repair case. Computer has been replaced multiple times, fuel rail split and Dodge said that was unique to my car (I got the recall notice about three weeks later for the same thing), both power window guide on front windows have failed and needed replaced, needed valve job very early, seat fabric wore out quickly, motor / transmission mounts failed early and needed replaced, and the list goes on. I will NEVER buy any Dodge or Chrysler product again.

Horrible mistake, pitiful car, refund!!!
By IHATEINTREPIDS on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan 4dr Sedan

I HATE this car! Tranny went twice, oil block cracked, brake master cylinder failed, A/C went twice, struts, power steering replace, radio replace, driver's seat won't move, all fuel injectors replaced 3 times, fuel rail, 2 major electrical problems (headlights and tailights wouldn't work), door seals let rain, air in, all windows would fog up in winter and freeze over, constantly needed realigning, new brakes after 10,000 miles, routers reground 6 times, etc. Rarely went one month without spending over $100 to fix something, around $10K total in 5 years. Dodge should be ashamed they ever made this car. I will never consider buying a Dodge again.

Just Intreppin'
By Insane~Mayhem on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Bought this car in Feb. with 141,000 miles on it. Good price on the car and I have been wanting the Intrepid for a long time and this is my starter Intrepid next will be the SXT model but this car is great, A/C pulley bearing needs replacement and a couple of side panels need to be replaced also but otherwise Intrepids should be on the top of list for family size sedan cars, you cannot beat the price even on the brand new models!!!

Comments on 151,000-mile-old Intrepid
By davem on 10/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Car is roomy and very comfortable inside. Much better made than the equivalent Ford Taurus. We changed oil every 3,000 miles. Motor ran beautifully until the end. We had mechanical repairs, but never a breakdown. AC worked great until 146,000 when AC/heat controls gave out at about 146,000 and blasted out heat from defroster summer and winter until I had it disconnected. Emergency brake also gave out and about 146,000 car no longer shifted into 4th gear, dropping top mileage down to 15 mpg highway. We liked this Intrepid so much we bought another in 2000 and kept the old one. Both are beautifully designed roomy cars, very well made for the price.

1993 Intrepid ES
By scrutinizer on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Not reliable and expensive to repair. Steer clear!

another DC lemon
By coralboy on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

A/C in these vehicles was an annual repair issue that dealer and manufacturer made you fight about. Overall reliability the worst ever. How about a passenger window that falls off track and breaks in door. Transmission problems galore. Overall assessment - I'll never buy another DC product!!!!!

A Fun, Sporty Large Sedan
By Whisky7 on 07/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 4 years now, and no problems at all the last 2. When I bought the car, my mechanic (not a dealer) said "nice car, but buy the warranty" Was he ever right! In the first two years replaced the AC, 2 water pumps, alternator, starter, and battery (all covered under warranty). Other than that, just change the oil every 3000, the plugs every year, gas it up and GO!

Reliable
By ewing20 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I've been driving this car since 93 and its the most reliable car i've ever driven not to mention stylish and comfortable. The only two problems i've had were the headlights beam are spread way to far and the spark plug wires are to hard to change you have to take the whole plate off to get to them and if you don't do it yourself it cost you around $400 dollars for the dealership to do it.

Best Car on Earth
By Cardoso on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Intrepid Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This is a great car to drive, also easy hands on to engine, looks great, drives great, even smells greeat. I recomend it to anyone.