2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Tis still early in the game:)
By dee thomas

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Make sure U check what options are available as no one explained that the AVP comes with lots less-like no trip odometer U can reset?? It also is a bit hard to get in2 as you have to watch to make sure you don't hit your head or slip off the little frame. For the price, they really could have included a lot more esp since our 2008 jeep patriot had more for less but of course, this vehicle is huge! And for such a big van, I would think they would all come with back up assist? I must admit tho, with the flex fuel on, it runs very nice and the cruise control is wonderful and makes driving it much easier. If we get 8 years without problems, I'll be happier. (I am a bit puzzled with the choices above tho as how can ok also be N/A??)

A Grand Caravan
By Ray Cziczo

Had a 2013 Journey. Some issues with 6 speed trans upshift but completely corrected in our 2016 Grand Caravan. Excellent acceleration, smooth shifting, and excellent gas mileage, 30 highway and 24 overall. Great ride and great visibility. Plenty of room for seating and plenty of storage. Great value. Nothing close to it for the price.

25 mpg Highway??????
By John W.

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just drove by myself from GA to AZ. 1918 miles in economy mode and got at worst 28.5 mpg at best 32.2 mpg for an average 29.5 mpg. I'm blown' away!!! The driver seat is too high for my 6'2" body, and the arm rest is 4" too low to be of any use. It's a Dodge so I have no expectations of it being reliable.I like the fact that I can build a bed in the back and still have the all the seats when I get to my destination. I have a bad back and had no problems even without lumbar support.

Constant shifting and lack of power on highway
By Midas Thanatos

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Drove a 2016 SXT rental with 6400 miles for a 600 mile trip. With only one passenger, the vehicle struggled to maintain highway speeds uphill and constantly downshifted to maintain a constant speed on even modest grades. I can't imagine what this symphony of shifting would be like with a load of passengers and cargo. External rear and lateral visibility was also unsatisfactory and the rear view camera was small and dim. The touch screen was small and a long reach for the driver and the info center above the steering column while easy to navigate was a hard to read backlit LCD configuration that oddly didn't show miles to empty while displaying the speedometer. Just seemed like a pretty half-heartedly designed vehicle. On the good side, the middle storage console was spacious and easy to access.

GREAT!!
By Keith Spencer

2016 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan R/T 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far everything has been GREAT at 1600 miles.