2015 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Tire Pressure Issue/Sensor constantly on 2015
By Sabina Ruggiero

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have bought my 2015 Dodge Grand Caravan in November 2014, first winter no problem, but 2nd winter in 2015 the problem began constantly light comes on that tire pressure is low, constantly going to garage to have tires filled up, light goes off for a couple of day and than it's comes on again. Took it finally April 2016 to Dealer to have it looked at, they said it was fine however, I left the dealer and the light was still on so they didn't do anything to fix it either, not even filled the air in tires so light would go off - never will buy a dodge again!!

Buy an old mini van
By James w

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So first new car.. junk. Took me a bit to find all the faults. But this is unacceptable from a new car. Went back to the old van parked the new one. So hear is wha I found is all wrong.
Drive by wire is safty problem will not accelerate when needed. Can not make any little speed adjustments when driving works like an on off switch. the transmission wont stop shifting up shift and down shift. Clanks and clunks alot. Has 283hp good luck using it my old 102hp van will beat of the line and at top end. The new van is limmed to 113mph. No covers over the seat hooks on the floor so you cant use it to go camping with out being jabed with one. Sliding doors are slow. Far back seat cover over the junk is cheap plastic with no hing so im sure it will break in a couple of years. The far back seat does not move back or forward. So if your tall you wont fit in the back. The heat is ok not great. The duct gates for if the air is blowing on the floor or window leak badly so there is all ways air blowing in the wrong way. The stereo renders everything in two speaker stereo though 6 speakers. Any classic songs rendered in 7.1 sound horrible. There is no base from the back most of the base is from the front speakers. Rear visibility is poor. Don't lean on the side of the van or it will dent. On cold mornings first startup is accompanied by howling power stearing pump. Even when warm it idles at 1000 rmp vs 500 on the old van. When its running you will know it, noisy idle and acceleration poor exhaust design. Fuel mileage is poor for the vans size. O and the tracking controll doesn't do anything other then shuts down the rpms so you cant get up that last bit of driveway. The side windows cant be opened at highway speed with out risking poping a ear drum. The far back windows you cant open just one. Over all find an older minivan with out the drive by wire and with out the crapomatic 6 speed. Save your money.

Fun family hauler at a great price!
By AnthonyH

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this van to replace our SUV. Bought in May 2015 and have put 12,000 miles on it since then. The power it has is awesome for a minivan, it tows beautifully as well. I average 24-25mpg combine driving (19.5 on E85). I have not had a single problem with this van. We bought an AVP because I didn't want all the extra frills. Just more that will go wrong over time. This is the first Dodge and also first minivan I have owned. It has changed my opinions of both. Our dealer is great, 4 free oil changes, and car washes for life! The price was very good at just over 20k, so it was extremely affordable too. The seats are incredibly comfortable, and I am grateful for a middle row bench vs the stow-n-go buckets, its more useful for our needs. After all, we still get the underfloor storage. The transmission could be smoother, but otherwise I cannot complain about anything. Buy one, while you can still get an affordable minivan!

Update: I have had this vehicle almost a year. I was in a wreck with it 5 months into ownership. It took 3 weeks to complete the repairs. I was not injured despite the severity of the crash. On top of that, I have driven this vehicle 25000 miles without one thing wrong with it. I just replaced the cheap factory tires. I will say, it is nice to have the factory Yokohama tires off. Other than that, it has been a nearly peefect ownership experience.

First time I own a minivan!
By Wilma

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SE Plus 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We went to the dealer looking to buy a Durango, but the second row seats didn't recline enough so we decided to give the DGC a try and fell in love with it. We have two teens only, but travel 15+ hours a couple of times during the year so it made sense for us to have the space. Reclining seats on the second row were important to us because during our road trips, we often stop at rest areas and sleep for a few hours before taking the road again. I wanted my kids to be comfortable too. We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo and it will s great for traveling but it will be even better with the minivan.

The DGC is our new "baby" I just wish the third row was bigger and had a better fit of the outboard seatbelts. We decided to not go for power doors because my husband didn't want any malfunctions down the road, but we did get the TV system and backup camera, which I love as it has made the transition from SUV to a HUGE minivan easier on me.

Do not waste your time and money and sanity
By frotaine

2015 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is not reliable with little notice of impending problems. The cheap base price is a reflection of the cheap materials used to build it. Things will fall off or break easily and they are expensive to repair. Also Google complaints about the car and watch the flood of transmission, brake, and warranty problems that popped up. Buyer beware!

Very roomy

Stand behind your warranty especially with regards to the powertrain and transmission. Make safety more important than money.