Used 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Mini Dad
By W. Wojo

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have test driven both the Odessey and Sienna. The Grand Caravan compares favorably to the high priced Honda and Toyota models in all categories. Better gas mileage and better acceleration than either of these two, even though the Japanese models are higher rated. The Caravan is very quiet at highway speeds and the ride is limo quality. Reliability has also been a strong point. Over 2 years now and only routine maintainence. The Dodge dealer has taken care of all maintainence work along with complementary oil changes. Try matching this service at one of the Japanese dealers.

Good vehicle for the price
By Peter Halapatz

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The mechanics of the vehicle are excellent. The gas mileage is impressive on the highway. I normally average 31 mpg. on long trips. The ride is stiff and you feel the road more than in Dodge minivans of the past. No service problems to date.

Underrated Vehicle
By Loyal owner

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 4th Dodge minivan since 1985. Each van continues to improve in every category. This vehicle rides like a limousine, smooth, quiet, little wind or road noise, point it down the road and it goes. Friends of ours drive Siennas and Odesseys, always raving about their vehicles as do most magazines and product review boards, until they ride in our Caravan. "Rides just like our Honda, how much did you pay ? At least we have a vacuum in ours". The Sto & Go seats can't be beat by any manufacturer.

Good value
By Trailerparkjesus

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the SXT with the "Blacktop" pkg which consists of all black interior, special wheels, blacked out trim and rear camera. Since my purchase, I have accumulated 21k miles on the van and so far I'm happy with it. I have had two tire pressure sensors go bad and a rear blend door actuator motor that stuck. Both items were addressed by my dealership under warranty and in a very timely manner. The van handles well, I love the 3.6L V6 both in power and gas mileage. I average 20 in the city, 24 mixed and around 28 on the highway at 70 mph. The only complaint I really have is the ride quality could be better. It's a little on the firm side over sharp small bumps but handles large bumps well and has a good highway ride. I bought the van at a very good price of 21k new. I think it's a great value for that kind of money vs the foreign competition. 9/3/2016- Since my last entry, I've had 1 more tps fault that had to be reset by the dealer, an airbag sensor under the passenger seat had to be replaced and a rear gate latch that kept causing a gate open warning light, all repaired under warranty. Thankfully, my dealers service dept. is very good (Columbia Chrysler, Columbia,TN). I'm still happy with my van even though I've had a few small problems. I would purchase another as of now.

Eight defects in 4.5 Months
By huntercrew

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 5th Grand Caravan and second 2014. The van is a disaster. 9 times in for service. Heating stopped working properly, U-Connect mic didn't work, U-Connect doesn't stream properly, car lost power, car's MIL went on while losing power but the computer didn't "recognize the error", all the dashboard controls have flashed, burning rubber smell , and the low tire pressure goes on and off at will. The vehicle has recently been in the service department for 18 days straight, they keep saying they "can't replicate the problem". Chrysler says they are just going to have to "release" the vehicle and have our family drive a death trap. Warranty and service on these vehicles are worth nothing.

The USB port in the glove box; so far it still works.

This car would benefit from not losing power, having the computer work, having the dashboard/ control panel not flash, perhaps losing the burning rubber smell (obviously at some point it is going to catch fire!), fix the tire pressure gauge, put in working heating units and perhaps use working U-Connect units. Of course having a head office and service department that actually would try to fix the problem would be fantastic, but instead they hide behind the statement "we cannot replicate the problem".