2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Consumer Review: Improved Minivan

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Review

SE Passenger Minivan (3.6L V6 FFV 6-speed Automatic)

Improved Minivan
By rlester1 on

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my fifth minivan. These are not the minivans of old. I bought the AVP with some upgrades. Just got back off long trip, got 20 mpg in the city, and 29.5 mpg highway, with 24.7 with a mix situation. Love it. Used the stow and go seats variable positions for a different need everyday. I love the handling. I love the cab forward design, easy to see the road and park. The ride can be a little bouncy, but not bothersome. I have the base seats but they are very comfortable. I had a long drive at night and can see the road much easier than in a sedan. The best value in a vehicle period. My only complaint is that the transmission wants to shift out and then back down in the hills.

Favorite Features

My package had Bluetooth, which a lot of new cars don't have. I just love the minivan feel, very roomy and yet drives and handles like a small car. When you drive for eight hours you can tell a big difference in the comfort level when you are 58 years old. We have Uconnect radio with Bluetooth, XM, and USB. We use them all. Heated mirrors. The only feature I would like is at least a 4 position power seat. But I found the base seat very comfortable. I don't have power side doors but they close with almost no effort.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission needs some tuning for driving in the hills. The transmission is quick to shift up and then shift down. However, if you want to do manual shift it is very easy to shift with just a touch. I think the ride is just a step away from being a luxury ride, just a little bouncy. Could be a tad quieter. But a overall I love it and glad to get back in a minivan.
By art3
on 06/07/14 09:28 AM (PDT)

Dodge has let the tall driver down in regard to the driver's seat. I have owned 4 Caravans since 1985. I recently tried a 2014 "GrandA Caravan" and my knees hit the steering wheel despite the limited adjustments one can make with the base seat. They do offer a power seat on the SXT and that has adjustments, but your forced to pay upwards of $5000 more to upgrade to be allowed to get tghe power seat. After 29 years of enjoying Caravans, I will b looking elsewhere. I submitted a concern to Dodge and the response back was sorry about that, but we don't take consumer concerns, w just deal with focus groups. Well thanks Dodge I'll b sure to let people know that you don't take consumer concerns seriously as I drive in my Honda Odyssey.