Used 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Underrated Vehicle
By Loyal owner

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 4th Dodge minivan since 1985. Each van continues to improve in every category. This vehicle rides like a limousine, smooth, quiet, little wind or road noise, point it down the road and it goes. Friends of ours drive Siennas and Odesseys, always raving about their vehicles as do most magazines and product review boards, until they ride in our Caravan. "Rides just like our Honda, how much did you pay ? At least we have a vacuum in ours". The Sto & Go seats can't be beat by any manufacturer.

Good value
By Trailerparkjesus

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the SXT with the "Blacktop" pkg which consists of all black interior, special wheels, blacked out trim and rear camera. Since my purchase, I have accumulated 21k miles on the van and so far I'm happy with it. I have had two tire pressure sensors go bad and a rear blend door actuator motor that stuck. Both items were addressed by my dealership under warranty and in a very timely manner. The van handles well, I love the 3.6L V6 both in power and gas mileage. I average 20 in the city, 24 mixed and around 28 on the highway at 70 mph. The only complaint I really have is the ride quality could be better. It's a little on the firm side over sharp small bumps but handles large bumps well and has a good highway ride. I bought the van at a very good price of 21k new. I think it's a great value for that kind of money vs the foreign competition.

Eight defects in 4.5 Months
By huntercrew

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 5th Grand Caravan and second 2014. The van is a disaster. 9 times in for service. Heating stopped working properly, U-Connect mic didn't work, U-Connect doesn't stream properly, car lost power, car's MIL went on while losing power but the computer didn't "recognize the error", all the dashboard controls have flashed, burning rubber smell , and the low tire pressure goes on and off at will. The vehicle has recently been in the service department for 18 days straight, they keep saying they "can't replicate the problem". Chrysler says they are just going to have to "release" the vehicle and have our family drive a death trap. Warranty and service on these vehicles are worth nothing.

The USB port in the glove box; so far it still works.

This car would benefit from not losing power, having the computer work, having the dashboard/ control panel not flash, perhaps losing the burning rubber smell (obviously at some point it is going to catch fire!), fix the tire pressure gauge, put in working heating units and perhaps use working U-Connect units. Of course having a head office and service department that actually would try to fix the problem would be fantastic, but instead they hide behind the statement "we cannot replicate the problem".

Huge improvement over my 2007 Grand Caravan
By wstraube

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Not sure where to start but everything I hated about my 07 is fixed on my 2014 SE 30th anniversary edition with Blacktop option. Better mileage, better ride quality, better looking, much better paint job, and as far as I can tell this new generation (2008-2015) has fixed the rust problem. My 07 started to rust with just over 100,000 miles on it. And the A/C went out. Over $4000 to repair. I've had my new one since june of 2014 and have 10,000 miles on it and it has been great. But don't be fooled by people saying they get 29 MPG. I check it each time at fill up with math and I get on average 18 around town and 24 HWY. the computer is correct about 1/2 the time. You get a lot for the$$

Stow N Go seats, no power doors. Hated how my power doors worked on the 07. The locks unlock when you open either front door. On the 07 they locked but didn't unlock. I can't tell you frustrating that was. Chrysler finally put an indicator light on the cruse control. My 07 just said “cruse” when I turned it on but didn’t indicate when it was engaged. Now a small (and hard to see) dot pops on when you engage the cruse control. It has the the turn signal lane change when you just push the turn signal stalk half way you get three blinks, power express up and down on both front windows. Sliding door windows now open! Self dimming mirror. Bluetooth, USB and sirus radio for 1 yr.

Mine came with a console between the front seats. Or should I say a garbage bucket. It’s just a plastic box about the size of a shoebox with three double cup holders stuck in. There is already one cup holder in each door and two in the dash. Do we really need six more?. I just took out the “bucket” and put in my aftermarket console I had in my 2000. One thing I hope they fix is the interior lights up front. They are horrible. They look like two map light on an angle towards each passenger. But when you turn them on they absolutely blind you. I found if I put down the sunglass holder it helps to shield the lights from your eyes. Glovebox under the seats would be nice. There is room

2014 30th Anniversary Edition
By acadiafan

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I Traded a 2012 GMC Acadia. I drove a Chrysler Town & Country rental while having hail damage repaired on my Acadia. I was highly impressed as were my kids. I decided it was time for comfort rather than over priced SUV. My husband 6'2" fits comfortably. I compared the Grand Caravan to Chrysler T&C, Honda Odessey, Nissan Quest. Ultimately it was the stow and go as well the fact the grand caravan feels like I'm riding higher off the ground than Odessey. You get more bang for your buck with the Grand a Caravan. I bought it brand new 3 months ago with 14 miles on it. Now after a trip across the country with 6 people, I have over 9,000 miles

Stow and Go!!!!--- So useful Super console---love all the areas to put my stuff Actual power outlet Middle row captains recline all the way down Captain chairs middle row have two arm rests Black top package-looks cool Uconnect-reads your incoming texts to you Power doors and lift gate; power windows in back doors Blue ambient lighting-looks classy Third row seat bottom is tipped up a bit compared to Acadia so gives more leg room Gas mileage DVD player for long trips The fact three different radio stations can be listened to at the same time with the use of the headphones

Seats are leather suede mix and hubby would prefer all leather because you can slide into your seat better.....I like it because soft and stays warm