2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:

Eight defects in 4.5 Months
By huntercrew

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is our 5th Grand Caravan and second 2014. The van is a disaster. 9 times in for service. Heating stopped working properly, U-Connect mic didn't work, U-Connect doesn't stream properly, car lost power, car's MIL went on while losing power but the computer didn't "recognize the error", all the dashboard controls have flashed, burning rubber smell , and the low tire pressure goes on and off at will. The vehicle has recently been in the service department for 18 days straight, they keep saying they "can't replicate the problem". Chrysler says they are just going to have to "release" the vehicle and have our family drive a death trap. Warranty and service on these vehicles are worth nothing.

Favorite Features

The USB port in the glove box; so far it still works.

Suggested Improvements

This car would benefit from not losing power, having the computer work, having the dashboard/ control panel not flash, perhaps losing the burning rubber smell (obviously at some point it is going to catch fire!), fix the tire pressure gauge, put in working heating units and perhaps use working U-Connect units. Of course having a head office and service department that actually would try to fix the problem would be fantastic, but instead they hide behind the statement "we cannot replicate the problem".

Huge improvement over my 2007 Grand Caravan
By wstraube

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Not sure where to start but everything I hated about my 07 is fixed on my 2014 SE 30th anniversary edition with Blacktop option. Better mileage, better ride quality, better looking, much better paint job, and as far as I can tell this new generation (2008-2015) has fixed the rust problem. My 07 started to rust with just over 100,000 miles on it. And the A/C went out. Over $4000 to repair. I've had my new one since june of 2014 and have 10,000 miles on it and it has been great. But don't be fooled by people saying they get 29 MPG. I check it each time at fill up with math and I get on average 18 around town and 24 HWY. the computer is correct about 1/2 the time. You get a lot for the$$

Favorite Features

Stow N Go seats, no power doors. Hated how my power doors worked on the 07. The locks unlock when you open either front door. On the 07 they locked but didn't unlock. I can't tell you frustrating that was. Chrysler finally put an indicator light on the cruse control. My 07 just said “cruse” when I turned it on but didn’t indicate when it was engaged. Now a small (and hard to see) dot pops on when you engage the cruse control. It has the the turn signal lane change when you just push the turn signal stalk half way you get three blinks, power express up and down on both front windows. Sliding door windows now open! Self dimming mirror. Bluetooth, USB and sirus radio for 1 yr.

Suggested Improvements

Mine came with a console between the front seats. Or should I say a garbage bucket. It’s just a plastic box about the size of a shoebox with three double cup holders stuck in. There is already one cup holder in each door and two in the dash. Do we really need six more?. I just took out the “bucket” and put in my aftermarket console I had in my 2000. One thing I hope they fix is the interior lights up front. They are horrible. They look like two map light on an angle towards each passenger. But when you turn them on they absolutely blind you. I found if I put down the sunglass holder it helps to shield the lights from your eyes. Glovebox under the seats would be nice. There is room

My 2008 Grand Caravan was better
By augrpeters

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2008 Grand Caravan SXT that I LOVED. It saved my life in a terrible accident. I had a 2010 Journey after the van that I loved. I got rid of the Journey and got a 2010 Sebring that I loved. I decided to go back to a van and purchased a 2014 Grand Caravan SE with Rear Entertainment Package. I liked my 2008 better... I have 6000 miles on the 2014 and the blower is making a grinding noise. I liked the 3.8 in the other van better than the 3.6 I have now. I really wished I would have got another SXT. The SE has nothing compared to the SXT. I do love the mygig radio. Fuel mileage is averaging 24 MPG. I would purchase another van but would never get another SE to save a few dollars.

Favorite Features

Sirius Radio MyGig DVD Stow and Go

Suggested Improvements

Make more equipment optional on the SE.

Get Serious Dodge
By art3

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As an owner of 4 Caravans since 1985 I was seeking to replace my present Caravan with a 2014 "Grand Caravan." Much to my chagrin Dodge has a base seat in all but the SXT which has no height adjustment. This is not Grand at all as th tall driver does not have legroom. This I see has been noted by other consumer reviews. You can get a power seat that has decent adjustments, but your going to have to pony up serious dollars to get the SXT model. I contacted the Dodge Customer Assistance Center and this is their response,Dear Art: Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center with your product improvement suggestion, however Dodge only works thru consumer forums. Thanks Dodge

Favorite Features

Dear Art: "Thank you for contacting the Chrysler Customer Assistance Center with your product improvement suggestions. Our product research department uncovers and considers product improvement suggestions within customer focus groups. Our worldwide employees and affiliate supplier organizations propose ideas and work through the design and development phases. Chrysler Group cannot accept outside suggestions from individuals and customers at this time, although we certainly appreciate the time and effort you took to bring your idea forward." In other words Dodge is saying don't bother us with your suggestions and concerns.

Suggested Improvements

Allow the height challenged to be able to buy a power seat in all models of the Grand Caravan rather than in only the SXT model.

Improved Minivan
By rlester1

2014 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my fifth minivan. These are not the minivans of old. I bought the AVP with some upgrades. Just got back off long trip, got 20 mpg in the city, and 29.5 mpg highway, with 24.7 with a mix situation. Love it. Used the stow and go seats variable positions for a different need everyday. I love the handling. I love the cab forward design, easy to see the road and park. The ride can be a little bouncy, but not bothersome. I have the base seats but they are very comfortable. I had a long drive at night and can see the road much easier than in a sedan. The best value in a vehicle period. My only complaint is that the transmission wants to shift out and then back down in the hills.

Favorite Features

My package had Bluetooth, which a lot of new cars don't have. I just love the minivan feel, very roomy and yet drives and handles like a small car. When you drive for eight hours you can tell a big difference in the comfort level when you are 58 years old. We have Uconnect radio with Bluetooth, XM, and USB. We use them all. Heated mirrors. The only feature I would like is at least a 4 position power seat. But I found the base seat very comfortable. I don't have power side doors but they close with almost no effort.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission needs some tuning for driving in the hills. The transmission is quick to shift up and then shift down. However, if you want to do manual shift it is very easy to shift with just a touch. I think the ride is just a step away from being a luxury ride, just a little bouncy. Could be a tad quieter. But a overall I love it and glad to get back in a minivan.