Traded After Fourteen Months
By crday on
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Purchased the van because of its flexibility and usefulness. Disappointment came soon after I purchased it. The Caravan was my second consecutive new Dodge purchase. It will be my last. The six-speed transmission almost caused a very serious accident on two occasions. After pulling out from a dead stop, the transmission suddenly upshifted from first to fourth or fifth gear immediately. It began to shudder and took several seconds to downshift to a more appropriate gear. I normally would have had plenty of room. I contacted two dealerships and was informed that there were no issues with the transmission. This was AFTER the first corrective update. This vehicle can be dangerous.
Favorite Features
Stow and Go seating. Appearance. Three zone heating/air conditioning.
Suggested Improvements
Repair/replace transmission. More honesty in dealing with known drivability issues. Improve quality in general: Circuit boards can be seen in radio in sunlight, poor audio quality in radio/speakers, no BT sync for phone in SE package, sliding doors rattle, poor gas mileage in town (12 to 13 mpg), excessive toque steer on acceleration. A less arrogant attitude from Chrysler when dealing with known, serious design flaws. I was basically told that my comments would help future design for future owners. That helped me a great deal!