2013 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Traded After Fourteen Months
By crday on 03/06/14 06:40 AM (PST)

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased the van because of its flexibility and usefulness. Disappointment came soon after I purchased it. The Caravan was my second consecutive new Dodge purchase. It will be my last. The six-speed transmission almost caused a very serious accident on two occasions. After pulling out from a dead stop, the transmission suddenly upshifted from first to fourth or fifth gear immediately. It began to shudder and took several seconds to downshift to a more appropriate gear. I normally would have had plenty of room. I contacted two dealerships and was informed that there were no issues with the transmission. This was AFTER the first corrective update. This vehicle can be dangerous.

A good value
By 04quadcab on 08/29/13 11:23 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

2013 Grand Caravan SXT; currently with about 10,000 miles on it. I really wouldn't consider any minivan that didn't have some version of Stow&Go. I have the second row seats folded down almost as much as I have them up, and I wouldn't like having to remove the seat to free up that space, since you then have to leave it at home and can't haul passengers in that area. Other likes: Great power, good gas mileage-I get 27 at 70-75 mph (town mileage is not great, tho). Quiet, smooth ride. Much less expensive to buy than Honda or Toyota. Dislikes: 6 spd tranny is OK, but not as smooth or predictable as could be. Driver's seat needs more rearward travel; legroom is limited.

2013 Crew Pros/Cons
By tomsouthmd on 02/06/13 17:46 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2013 Grand Caravan is my third dodge van; I traded in a 2007 SXT. When ordering I had to move up to the Crew to get some options that were included on the 2007 SXT such as the power driver’s seat, leather steering wheel, and garage door opener. I added the driver convenience group to get, along with other options, bluetooth. The ride is good, handling ok for a minivan, seats are an improvement over the 2007 and the 3.6 liter engine is a significant power upgrade. The tow capacity is up to 3,600 lbs and the stow ‘n go seats still provide the most versatility compared to other minivans. The transmission needs work (see below). Recommendation – take a good highway test drive before buying.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.