Good Value for the money at the lower priced models
By floridaflyer on
2012 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
We bought our 2012 Grand Caravan back in February and four months later we have 5000 miles on it. We are enjoying it, my wife is more comfortable driving the minivan than my car and she really likes the stow-n-go seating. We have been getting better gas mileage (seeing 21 mpg city and 27 mpg highway, my calculations, not the display on the dash which reads a little higher) than the EPA sticker says and that's with running the A/C. I do keep the Econ Button on all the time, except when I am accelerating up this one onramp that is uphill. When I turn off the A/C and the Econ Button for that ramp, it has great acceleration, with the Econ Button on it suppresses the shifts/acceleration.
Favorite Features
Stow-n-go seating Fuel economy Bluetooth capable Amazing value at the cheaper model levels which have the same stow-n-go, engine, cruise, dual zone A/C, as the much more expensive upscale Dodge and Chrysler models (I can shut the doors just fine without the power doors on the expensive models)
Suggested Improvements
6-speed auto trans hunts a bit in neighborhood driving at 20 mph. Slight "clunk" sound when it downshifts from second to first geat coming to a stop. Would like to see rearview camera standard in all models.
By johnnyredknife
on 06/14/12 11:25 AM (PDT)

In time you will realize that, at best, you get what you paid for {not a big bang for the buck} or as in my situation you will determine that you really got a lot less. But just like me - you own it now. So get used to the quirks.