Enormously disappointed in 2012 Dodge Caravan
By dogleg1 on
2012 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I bought a new caravan about a month ago. Previously I have owned four Dodge Caravans and liked them. This one has power to burn but the overall quality and design features are very poor in my experience. The accelerator pedal is hard to control and evidently can't be adjusted. The ride is hard and you feel every little bump in the road. The seats are hard too ,I would call them cheap, cheap. When the front seats are pushed back the support frame sticks out and you hit your legs on it. It doesn't come with fender splash guards and the tires throw dirt on the car. I put them on the first few days I had it. The motor and road noise is very bad. Poor sound proofing. More to be said later.
Favorite Features
I like the power and it seems to be good on gas. There is plenty of room in it- probably too much. As was the case for all the caravans the steering is good.
Suggested Improvements
Add splash guards to all models. Redesign the seat support system. Redesign the spare tire storage. Just try getting it out and back in. Put in better quality seats. Design a softer suspension system. Add more sound proofing on firewall and underneath. Transmission shifting needs to be smoother. The van is a bit too long.
By dogleg1
on 04/23/13 16:57 PM (PDT)

I have had this van since September 2012 (about seven months now) and hate it more every day. It has the roughest ride of any vehicle I have ever owned. Road noise and motor noise come right into the car. The sound proofing is non existent. I complained to Chrysler and to the dealer( Mac Lang in Ontario ,Canada) but got nowhere. The suspension system ,both front and back is all new as compared to the earlier models. It is no doubt much cheaper too. This vehicle needs to be scrapped and taken back to the drawing board. I feel cheated and deserve a refund of some kind from Chrysler.