I thought we were in the 21st century
By jb36 on
2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I'm forced to drive this thing quite often due to my work. I think it's despicable. Interior feels cheap, especially the seat fabric, steering feels barely connected at highway speed, there's very small but constant pitch motion in the rear when there's no load in the back. Brake, like steering is over-servoed, and transmission. It's not a very smooth shift to begin with, but it gets worse and worse as you drive on for a long time, like over 4hrs. It's big sure, and pretty useful, but it's not very clever either. People buy this not because it's cheap - it's not THAT cheap. People buy this I think just because they haven't really tried anything else. It's a throw away.
Favorite Features
Usefully big.
Suggested Improvements
I don't understand why this thing is such a big seller in the U.S., it barely sells at all elsewhere. Is it that U.S. consumers don't know better? Or is it just a matter of availability? Suggested improvement? Just drive something else from this century! Just make everything better! I can't care about the machine that apparently the maker didn't care about in the first place.