2012 Dodge Grand Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
Very Disappointed..........
By jcarndt on 02/09/13 11:06 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased new in July of 2012. . I owned a '99 Caravan Sport and it was great. This one is not. When I test drove this one it seemed pretty good. Smooth ride, very quiet, lots of power. 60 days after purchase, the front brakes started squealing. Fixed by dealer. 60 days later, I noticed a clattering/rubbing sound from engine compartment at low speed. Frequency of the noise increased and decreased in time with RPM's. Dealer service manager said it was "normal" for that model year, and they have no idea what it is. So I'm screwed. Clunking/rattling from rear end, one of the heater controls has stopped working. Less than 5000 miles, and it sounds and feels like an old truck...... never again

It is a Minivan
By objectivejoe on 01/11/13 14:09 PM (PST)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far, a reliable and powerful vehicle.

Outstanding family vehicle!
By califamily on 12/19/12 00:14 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought ours as our first minivan, coming SUVs, this was a big change. I've been watching the 3.6l closely and it seems great in all vehicles so far. The engineering in this thing is genius, the top loading oil filter makes my life in the garage SO much easier! The level of attention and brilliance transfers to every part of the vehicle. We have 26k on ours so far and loved every minute. 0 problems. It's drivetrain is super smooth, it took a little getting used to but within the first day of ownership, any doubts that we had made the right decision were banished! This is an absolutely amazing family vehicle. We drive the competitors and this was by far most comfortable and most functional.

I thought we were in the 21st century
By jb36 on 12/10/12 07:23 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I'm forced to drive this thing quite often due to my work. I think it's despicable. Interior feels cheap, especially the seat fabric, steering feels barely connected at highway speed, there's very small but constant pitch motion in the rear when there's no load in the back. Brake, like steering is over-servoed, and transmission. It's not a very smooth shift to begin with, but it gets worse and worse as you drive on for a long time, like over 4hrs. It's big sure, and pretty useful, but it's not very clever either. People buy this not because it's cheap - it's not THAT cheap. People buy this I think just because they haven't really tried anything else. It's a throw away.

A lot for the money
By homerkc on 11/25/12 05:55 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have 3,500 mi. on our van and it has exceeded many expectations. We took a 2000 mi trip shortly after buying (only 500 break-in miles) and saw 28mpg on the interstate. We can get 20mpg around town (suburban driving) if we watch what we're doing. Very comfortable seats and ride, plenty of power, and the flexibility of the stow n go always amazes. For a very reasonable mid-20s price, it's a lot of car that can do a lot of things (like haul 2 new exterior doors from Home Depot) without any fuss. Once you have had that capability at your disposal, it would be hard to give it up.

Enormously disappointed in 2012 Dodge Caravan
By dogleg1 on 11/03/12 09:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan R/T 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a new caravan about a month ago. Previously I have owned four Dodge Caravans and liked them. This one has power to burn but the overall quality and design features are very poor in my experience. The accelerator pedal is hard to control and evidently can't be adjusted. The ride is hard and you feel every little bump in the road. The seats are hard too ,I would call them cheap, cheap. When the front seats are pushed back the support frame sticks out and you hit your legs on it. It doesn't come with fender splash guards and the tires throw dirt on the car. I put them on the first few days I had it. The motor and road noise is very bad. Poor sound proofing. More to be said later.

Exellent value
By sea1967 on 10/31/12 21:12 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan American Value Package 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lots of features for the money. Rides well, gas mileage is good for such a large vehicle. Good power and acceleration.

I love my 2012 Grand Caravan Crew, but there were some problems.
By cindywilliams on 10/18/12 18:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 2012 GC Crew. It was a lease/repo/rental vehicle that was rushed from Texas to Alabama. I hadn't drove it but two days, and would hesitate while backing up, and would jerk during shifting. It had a piece on the passenger side vent missing, the power sliding doors needed oiled as they were sluggish. It also needed a good detail cleaning. I put it in the shop last week and they said it had broke motor mounts. Everything is fixed but the mounts, I should get it back this Monday. There is no way a 2012 model should have broke motor mounts. I love the van, but I just wish it would be problematic. The manager said if I wasn't happy with it next then he can put me in something else.

the crew is fantastic
By beddannarz on 10/10/12 18:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2012 Crew in Black, It has so many features and great details, how awesome is the sliding door windows rolling down like a car. Satellite radio free for a year cool. all power including the 2 rear doors. and my wife swore she would never drive a van I bought this for her and she willingly traded in her suv.

Very comfortable cruiser
By homerkc on 10/02/12 18:58 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We've had the SXT van for a month, incl. one 2000 mi. trip, and it is great! We saw 28mpg on the highway (both by the dash display and by calculation at fill-up), 18-20 in town. For a van with the comfort and flexible space it offers, the mileage is terrific. It's also nice to drive; not too 'floaty' over bumps, good steering feel. And the power from the pentastar engine is strong. All in all, I'd buy another without question.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan in VA is:

$129 per month*