2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Caravan model:
HORRID
By horrid on 04/07/14 10:17 AM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have went round and round with the dealership and Dodge manufacturing. My van sqeals during the winter, the brakes are horrible, and the transmission is horrible. Two different times I put my car into park (yes I made sure it was in park) and it started rolling and my brakes would not work. My daugher was terrified! The first winter I had this van it was fine, the second winter it started sqealing very loud; you could hear it from inside. My stransmission jerks all of the time and when at a stop my car rattles like it is going to die. Just so you know, I get my car serviced every few months. I have had it in the shop, but they saythey are aware of the issues but not recalls until resolutio

Edmunds appraisal is way off
By stevemcqueen on 01/28/14 08:07 AM (PST)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I recently sold my 2012 Grand Caravan Crew. It priced out at $17,600 on Edmunds used car appraisal to a private party. I advertised it on AutoTrader for 4 months at $14,500 and the best offer I got in 4 months was $13,500 and I took it. I do not think Edmunds takes into account the huge number of fleet Grand Caravans coming off lease from Hertz, Avis, etc. So if you pay what Edmunds says it is worth, you will lose $3,000 to $4,000 right off the bat on resale.

I love my 2012 Grand Caravan Crew, but there were some problems.
By cindywilliams on 10/18/12 18:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 2012 GC Crew. It was a lease/repo/rental vehicle that was rushed from Texas to Alabama. I hadn't drove it but two days, and would hesitate while backing up, and would jerk during shifting. It had a piece on the passenger side vent missing, the power sliding doors needed oiled as they were sluggish. It also needed a good detail cleaning. I put it in the shop last week and they said it had broke motor mounts. Everything is fixed but the mounts, I should get it back this Monday. There is no way a 2012 model should have broke motor mounts. I love the van, but I just wish it would be problematic. The manager said if I wasn't happy with it next then he can put me in something else.

the crew is fantastic
By beddannarz on 10/10/12 18:20 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought a 2012 Crew in Black, It has so many features and great details, how awesome is the sliding door windows rolling down like a car. Satellite radio free for a year cool. all power including the 2 rear doors. and my wife swore she would never drive a van I bought this for her and she willingly traded in her suv.

I was always an SUV believer, until now.
By cindra471 on 04/03/12 18:17 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my first Mini Van. I thought I never would. But, after seeing all the bells and whistles I get in this baby, I'll probably never go back to a SUV. The price for what you get is unbeliveable. I'd only be able to get a base model SUV for the price I got the CREW Model. Oh, and the gas savings, you can't be it. This little van has everything you can think of and then some. I can't say enought about this van. If you're considering you won't be sorry. I'm very pleased with my purchase, did I mention I traded a Cadillac for this, I don't miss the Cadillac at all!!!

Worst interior ergonomics ever!
By joeb316 on 11/01/11 14:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan Crew 4dr Minivan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Do not buy this car unless you intend to use both feet to operate the accelerator and the brake. The brake pedal is approximately 1" closer to the driver than the accelerator pedal, making for the most annoying driving experience I've ever had. In addition, the third row seating's headrests significantly obscure views out the rear view mirror and the automatic shift selector is in the most awkward place I've ever seen.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Minivan in VA is:

$118 per month*